Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2020, 08:28 AM   #1

2007 Jayco Jay Series 1206 Second Roof Vent Location

Hello everyone,

Newbie here. I apologize if I haven't posted this in the proper section. I'm having a hard time navigating through the posts looking for information.

I own a 2007 Jayco Jay Series 1206. When I purchased the camper, it only had a roof vent. I have installed a roof top A/C unit where that vent was located. In that process I could see where that hole had been framed at the factory. Giving a place for all the screws to fasten firmly to the roof. I would like to install another vent/fan combo in a second location. We will not always be using the A/C; And would like a way to vent humidity. I know some manufactures pre-frame holes into roofs for later installations. Some mark the location with a screw in the ceiling. Does my model camper have a secondary pre-framed/factory built location in the roof to install another vent? Our camper does not have it; But this model also had the option of a toilet/shower combo. Most pop ups I have seen with that feature have an exhaust fan directly over the shower.

I would hate to put all the work into cutting a new hole and framing it out. Especially if there is a secondary existing location for what I want to do.

Thanks for the help.
loulicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! You asked in the right spot, here.

I can't answer your question about a Jayco pop up, but the last one we had, from a different brand, had 4 small 'bumps' on the ceiling at each corner of where the cut out should go. You had to look hard to notice them, if you didn't know they were there. Perhaps yours has something like that on it, also. I'm wondering if a Jayco dealer might be able to give you some more info about it, too.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #3

Yes I have seen where different manufactures place dimples or screws in the ceiling to denote position of future install locations. Mine does not have that. I did however just get off the phone with Jayco. They emailed me the roof prints for model years 2004-2010. Unfortunately only one section has a pre-framed area for a vent or A/C. It does however show an additional location at the front to install a fan/vent during the factory build process. Guess I will have to do some custom vent work.
loulicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
Site Team

It does sound like it. It's great Jayco sent you the prints for it. That takes the guess work out of it.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #5

loulicious!
Wondering if you might still have those prints that Jayco sent you, and if you'd be willing to share? We just bought a "new to us" 2006 Select 12HW, and I'm considering putting a rood vent in. This one doesn't have A/C, and frankly I'm ok with that here in Wisconsin. But, as you mentioned, the humidity is an issue! Thanks in advance!
Marty2 is offline   Reply With Quote