Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #1

2011 Jayco Baja F14

Started searching for a great popup with a toy carrier. Finally ran across this Baja, This guy is huge with a slide and deck to carry two 4 wheelers! We love this thing. Just picked up last Friday. Been working nonstop since. Cleaning, adjusted brakes, packed bearings, lubed slide and bunks and uprights. Put on new tires today and installed a backup camera on it. Have reservations at the local lake for this weekend. Fridge and a/c both seem to work good. Anxious to test this thing out. We have some private land we wanted this popup for. We had a fifth wheel but tree limbs kept punching holes in the rubber roof. Trimmed trees for several years and finally gave up. The popup eliminates this problem! Haven5 figured out how to post a picture yet.
Rbriggs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbriggs03 View Post
Started searching for a great popup with a toy carrier. Finally ran across this Baja, This guy is huge with a slide and deck to carry two 4 wheelers! We love this thing. Just picked up last Friday. Been working nonstop since. Cleaning, adjusted brakes, packed bearings, lubed slide and bunks and uprights. Put on new tires today and installed a backup camera on it. Have reservations at the local lake for this weekend. Fridge and a/c both seem to work good. Anxious to test this thing out. We have some private land we wanted this popup for. We had a fifth wheel but tree limbs kept punching holes in the rubber roof. Trimmed trees for several years and finally gave up. The popup eliminates this problem! Haven5 figured out how to post a picture yet.
Go down to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. You may need a certain number of posts before you can post them. Welcome to the Forum
Old 06-03-2020, 03:52 PM   #3

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2020, 09:16 PM   #4

Congratulations,
I have a 2010 14F I bought a year ago. I had been looking for one for a number of years. It is a great rig. I am glad to see someone on the forum with the same thing. I have done some work on mine and minor repairs. If I can ever be of help to you for this specific model let me know and I will try to assist.
Above all, ENJOY!
Red Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wing View Post
Congratulations,
I have a 2010 14F I bought a year ago. I had been looking for one for a number of years. It is a great rig. I am glad to see someone on the forum with the same thing. I have done some work on mine and minor repairs. If I can ever be of help to you for this specific model let me know and I will try to assist.
Above all, ENJOY!
Great I knew someone had to have one! We will have to stay hooked up. We took ours out this weekend for the first time. They are great. Haven’t had my 4 wheeler on it yet. Fixing small stuff and added a backup camera. My front floor inside the storage area is rotten. Found it when I bought so no surprise. Planning on repairs this winter. Think I got a great price to make up for it.
Attached Thumbnails
8F4D1FFB-29CF-48DD-9A7B-ECDB0ED98A95.jpeg  
Old 06-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #6

I would be interested in the particulars of the backup camera. Any pics of the instillation, camera info and how you wired it would be useful'

Thanks
Old 06-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #7

I bought from company thru Amazon called DoHonest. I got the 7 inch monitor. Super system really works great. I wasn’t happy with original purchase with 5 inch monitor so they upgraded me free of charge! I mounted the camera just below the center marker light. Tapped into that light so it comes on with lights. I use the suction cup windshield mount.

Wanted to ask you, does yours have the safety braces that fit over the uprights to keep top from coming down?
Old 06-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #8

Riggs,
You were wondering about lift post supports. Mine did not have any. What I have found out is that newer model popups donot have them supplied. I found some on the internet. Check out the following link.

Buy Pop Up Popup Camper Trailer Support Post Safety Braces Lift & Roof Brace Parts motorcycle in Salisbury, Maryland, US, for US $50.00

After I looked at them I think it will be possible to make some to fit. If I can find the right material. I will let youknow.

Redwing
Old 06-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #9

Briggs03

Here is a link to a thread you might like to follow.
It is for a 2008 Jayco Select 14HW. This popup is the same as our 14F's without he deck in front. The owner has done a lot of work on this and it has great info in it.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...4hw-73807.html

Also, did you get a weight distribution hith/anti sway system with yours? I did when I bought mine. It worked great fron Colorado to Arizona. If you need info let me know before you buy. Stay away from those with chains for the bar support. They do not help much with sway.

Redwing
Old 06-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #10

Ok thanks
Old 06-15-2020, 11:35 AM   #11

No I’m not using a hitch or sway. The thing pulls great around semis etc. don’t see the need. I’ve had some that were scary but this is great!