Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #1

2015 10SD Water Pump

Finally getting around to winterizing our new pop-up (it's been inside a pole building so freezing is not an issue). The pump turns on and runs, but the water will not pass through. Has anyone had any issues with their water pumps? We are under warranty, but I am not sure they will let me take in just the pump. I have checked all lines, and there is no freezing or blockage.
jgoldwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #2

under warranty I certainly would not remove the pump. Give them the entire unit. Dont give them a reason to point the blame your way. Before you do anything, make sure all faucets are off, all low point drains are shut, the hose to make the pump suck from the fresh tank is closed, the hose to siphon from the bottle is open, finally the water heater bypass is open and the cold entry-hot exit valves on the water heater is closed.

Make sure all connection at pump are tight, and start pumping now. If still nothing, then disconnect the "inlet" side of the pump, and attach siphon hose there.

still if nothing!! Does the pump suck correctly from the fresh tank? If the pump does nothing from the fresh tank, then the pump is definitely bad.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #3

make sure all valves are open correctly you might have one switched to off
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #4

These 12v water pumps can be "particular" about their usage. If you've changed nothing and it's still under warranty I would take it back.

If you've changed any connections, I would check to make sure each of the clamps is airtight. If the pump is pulling air, it won't pull water. The pumps are rated to pull water up, starting from a dry prime, a certain distance. If there's too much tubing, this could be an issue.

Has it ever worked?