Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaltimm View Post
We are considering buying a 2016 Jay series sport 10SD. But after reading some of the posts here, we are concerned that we're getting an inferior quality pop up that just has the jayco name on it. We'd appreciate any advice.
I just bought this model, and don't regret it, even after reading all this. There are more options then on the Starcraft version. I looked into the 2015s, but I did not buy one due to the published weights. I am pretty sure that they did not change the camper any, but the published Gross weight changed- but only due to carrying capacity. I guess I could have bought a 2015 and just have been careful when I loaded it, but I thought the lower published weight would help me if I ever resell (and it keeps my family off my back!) I am a member of several Jeep clubs, and we all look for lower weight PUPS, which are harder to find. I found this model to be the best compromise between weight, options, and price. And you still get the lifetime warranty that you won't get with a Starcraft. JMHO
tinybluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #22

When I was at the dealer the other day picking up some supplies I took a quick walk through the new 16s and was shocked by the changes. The dealer told me that they have so few because they refused delivery of the last 10 units that were delivered because of poor quality and many things broken. I hope this does not reflect changes at the company and their other lines. We are hoping to upgrade to a hybrid TT in the next few years but are concerned by what we saw.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19H F250 View Post
Micamperdad-- I was always under the impression that Jayco had a system that pushed the top up with springs and not the "pully lift system". Larry
Loyd (Jay) Bontrager is who invented the crank up system and held the patent. He was an engineer at STARCRAFT before starting JAYCO.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #24

i like how they brought back the High wall popup
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #25

We bought the 2015 Jayco Jay Series 1007 UD!!!

Thank you for everyone's input. We appreciate your help since this is our first PUP. We almost bought the 2016 Jayco Jay Series Sport 10 SD. Then we went and looked at the 2015 Jayco Jay Series 1007 UD, at a different dealer. The Jay Series 1007 UD is 400 pounds heavier than the Sport 10 SD but the quality seemed much better in the 1007 UD. We purchased the 2015 and pick it up Thursday. We are very excited! In fact we're going from the dealer to a campground for two nights before we ever come home! Again, thank you for all your input.
kristaltimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaltimm View Post
Thank you for everyone's input. We appreciate your help since this is our first PUP. We almost bought the 2016 Jayco Jay Series Sport 10 SD. Then we went and looked at the 2015 Jayco Jay Series 1007 UD, at a different dealer. The Jay Series 1007 UD is 400 pounds heavier than the Sport 10 SD but the quality seemed much better in the 1007 UD. We purchased the 2015 and pick it up Thursday. We are very excited! In fact we're going from the dealer to a campground for two nights before we ever come home! Again, thank you for all your input.
glad your happy thats all that really matters ..here is a pic of my 2014 1207 i like the white so much more than the color change they did in 15 thats why we jumped all over the last 2014 we could find

Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 2015.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	18026
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #27

My 2014 8sd is very nice, doesn't looked used at all, only reason to buy new over mine was a warranty, but that wasn't worth the price difference. I could of bought a 2013 (sitting right next to mine at the dealer) and mine and spent less than a brand new one!
Levinehikeski is offline   Reply With Quote