Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #1

2017 Hummingbird 17RB probs

Couple of problems I have with my new ( bought in 2018) 2017 Hummingbird 17RB that I thought someone could help me out with
1. How do you tilt the awning to one side when it rains and avoid the door hitting the awning above the door
2. I cannot get my Norcold refrigerator to operate on gas mode. I have spark but no gas is coming through the orrifice. Yes I am holding the button in at the same time as igniting the spark.
3. I hear squeaks in the flooring when walking in front of the refrigerator. Does this mean I may have future problems ?
Thanks for your input.
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #2

For #2 did you try lighting the stove first? The fridge takes so little gas that it will take a long time to purge the line of air, lighting the stove is a much faster way to get rid of the air in the propane line. If it doesn't light after running the stove then you might need to clean the orface (mud dobbers love to build nests in there).

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:12 PM   #3

I had the same thing in our 17RB. I had the Selector Switch on electric not on gas. It will spark but that is all. Also there is a Low, Medium and High switch for gas, it lights better when on High. Hope it works. Let us know what you find.
gware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #4

Responses to questions

In response to the above2 responses
I had the gas burners on completely and the h2o tank on gas plus the electrical circuits turned completely off. Followed all instructions
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #5

I just went out and tried a couple things on mine. The fridge needs 12 volt power to light. I disconnected my shore power and turned off the battery disconnect and could not get it to light. There is a 3 amp fuse in the back just above the gas inlet. It’s in a yellow rubber holder. Took mine out and it would not light, put it back any lit right up. Good luck.
gware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #6

If you're going to tilt your awning be sure to level it back up prior to rolling it in since it's under 12' long or you risk bending the arms, read the manual.

To tilt you push in the small snap button on one of the arms while the awning is rolled out and adjust the arm length.

FYI - you'll probably get a lot more responses if you post in either the Travel Trailer or Lite/Ultra Lite Travel Trailers sections since a Hummingbird is not a pop-up.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote