Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2021, 07:03 PM   #1

2018 jayco jay flight 10SD

hi everyone,

brand new to these forums and brand new to camping like a lot of folks nowadays.

i got the above pop up camper, and i forget what works off the battery when its not plugged into external power, i know the 2 lights and fan works, will the mini bridge work?

also is it normal the outlets only work when external power is hooked up?

===

one last thing. the outlet beside the front bunk doesnt have electrical power when external feed is on , the other three outlets ( at the other bunk, under the sink and under the table) work and the outside one works.

is this a bad outlet?
ascensyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascensyon View Post
hi everyone,

brand new to these forums and brand new to camping like a lot of folks nowadays.

i got the above pop up camper, and i forget what works off the battery when its not plugged into external power, i know the 2 lights and fan works, will the mini bridge work?

also is it normal the outlets only work when external power is hooked up?
Your fridge would work for a short period before it drains your battery. If I'm not mistaken, you may have a 3-way fridge where it could work on 12VDC, LP Gas, or 120VAC.

your outlets will only work on shore power (plugged in to external power) unless you install a Inverter. not to be confused with the typical converter in most pups. The converter in most trailers will take 120VAC in and charge the battery, supply power to all 120VAC components, and convert down to 12VDC for other components (lights, water pump, furnace control board, etc)

Check out the list of 12V vs 120V systems on Page 84/85. its a generic list but you could pull applicable items from it.

https://www.jayco.com/files/download...20Trailers.pdf
Matteo is offline   Reply With Quote