Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #81

No. Unless your electrician didn't wire your house correctly or the CG isn't wired right.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
No. Unless your electrician didn't wire your house correctly or the CG isn't wired right.
Ok great I was thinking it was something on the trailer end.

Couple of the screws that came with the adb sucked but was able to replace with slightly larger ones so it was able to use the hole in the base plate. Project nearly done...
AirCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Could you not just have a separate wire for the A/C that would plug into your shore power. Maybe fix it to have a shore power plug on the outside wall of the camper.
If the popup is setup for ac, that means it should of come with a cover for hiding the cable to supply it power from the unit to the wall. At the wall it will hide inside the sleeve of fabric going down the wall. It enters the seat under the dinnette. Their is a dedicated outlet there for the ac. The popup comes with the power cord as well, at least my 2015 sport 8 did, I just never got an AC, had I kept it longer, I Prob would of. Run it inside, where they would if bought with one, it’s Easier than you describe (no new outlet to install) and looks professional.
Levinehikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinehikeski View Post
If the popup is setup for ac, that means it should of come with a cover for hiding the cable to supply it power from the unit to the wall. At the wall it will hide inside the sleeve of fabric going down the wall. It enters the seat under the dinnette. Their is a dedicated outlet there for the ac. The popup comes with the power cord as well, at least my 2015 sport 8 did, I just never got an AC, had I kept it longer, I Prob would of. Run it inside, where they would if bought with one, it’s Easier than you describe (no new outlet to install) and looks professional.
Hmm. Maybe they didn't do that back in 2009. It is used though so I don't know. There is no way that I can see to hide the cable along the ceiling but there is the canvas sleeve and dedicated plug under the sink. Unfortunately I've had to make my own cable.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #85

I just remembered that the factory kit may have come with a piece of WIRE-MOLD that stuck to the ceiling to hide the cable. That may be something to look for at Home Depot. It wouldn't have been used unless the a/c was installed.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:34 PM   #86

I bought some cable hider it should look pretty nice
Old 07-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #87

almost done. You wouldn't believe it but the 20 amp plug that I bought for the end of the cord has a stripped screw, so I'm on my way to get a new one. When I get back and it's all wired up, can I fire this puppy up on normal household power to test it? As long as nothing else is turned on?
Old 07-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #88

Well everybody, I fired it up and it works fantastic. Thanks so much to everyone, and particularly grumpy, for all the valuable advice. here are some photos from the project. I ended up using some wire channel from home Depot and it works great, although the distance to cover was not that much. I used a Dremel to make a small hole in the air distribution box for the wire, and use the Dremel again to shape the wire channel to the side of the air distribution box. The rest was fairly straightforward. Thank you again everyone!

Edit for whatever reason this forum always randomly rotates my photos from my phone
Attached Thumbnails
MVIMG_20200711_110648.jpg   MVIMG_20200711_113454.jpg   IMG_20200711_150018.jpg   IMG_20200711_154408.jpg   MVIMG_20200711_163133.jpg  

MVIMG_20200711_192701.jpg   MVIMG_20200711_192709.jpg  
Old 07-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #89

Looks good. That is a completely redesigned ceiling assembly and I think it looks much better than the old style. Have a fun and "COOL" summer.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:10 AM   #90

That looks amazing, great job!!

Thanks for asking all the questions that I had, I scoured the internet looking for answers, and then long behold, a week before I get all my equipment, all my questions answered!