Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #1

Accessories for new Jay Series 1006?

I plan on purchasing a 2014 Jay Series 1006 in the next few weeks. This is my first RV, only tent camping before.

What kind of accessories would you recommend that don't come with the camper from the dealer?

Some items I am thinking....

- Porta Potti
- Grey Water holding tank
- Big Ground Mat for front door
- Hoses for connecting to services (or does it come with these)
- Bike Rack

I am sure there are other things I need or that would make my camping experience more enjoyable.

Thanks....Glen
gupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #2

Chairs, adult beverages and a bonfire. Have fun with your new camper, sounds like you got the basics covered.

You may need something to park one side or the other on to level it from side to side. A garbage can, a broom, and then all the things you bring tent camping. Food clothing, pots, pans, ect. Head to a resale shop to purchase cheep stuff you can keep in the camper. It makes life much easier.

Happy camping
2005 Jayco 1007 - 2007 - 2012
2010 Jayko 141J - 2012 -
Jayko 141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayko 141 View Post
Chairs, adult beverages and a bonfire. Have fun with your new camper, sounds like you got the basics covered.

You may need something to park one side or the other on to level it from side to side. A garbage can, a broom, and then all the things you bring tent camping. Food clothing, pots, pans, ect. Head to a resale shop to purchase cheep stuff you can keep in the camper. It makes life much easier.

Happy camping
X2

Got many of our pots and pans, coffee maker, etc.. From the goodwill store

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #4

A BAL leveler can be a wonderful accessory for quick side to side leveling. A 7 gallon aquatainer works very well for collecting grey water. They're about $15 at wally world. LED battery powered auxilliary lanterns can help extending your dry camping time.
shellback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

We got ours last april. Great choice on a camper. We are very happy with ours. I am thinking of a bike rack, let me know what you come up with. The storage compartment is priceless
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:50 AM   #6

We have the 1007 and wish we had one with the front storage.

After 4 seasons, we realized our biggest frustration with a PUP is the lack of storage space. This causes luggage and clothes to be all over the seats and beds. And, dry food storage is missing.

We did some mods last fall that, after one trip this year, have worked out great. We built two sets of shelving using shower bar tension rods as the vertical supports. We put them up after raising the roof, the put basic closet shelves across them.

In addition, we also fastened a closet bar/rod from side to side in front of the rear bed near the roof. We then hang two collapsible cubbie containers on each side to store our clothes. No luggage or tote bags anywhere

I found these ideas elsewhere on this site....well worth doing.
raising4daughters is offline   Reply With Quote