Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #1

Another downgrade for the pop-ups

No more lifetime warranty. Looks like Thor's influence continues to be a negative one.

https://www.jayco.com/products/campi...uction-detail/

This pretty much guarentees if my next rig is a pup it won't be a Jayco. I find it really sad how things seem to be getting worse rather than better after the buyout.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
No more lifetime warranty. Looks like Thor's influence continues to be a negative one.

https://www.jayco.com/products/campi...uction-detail/

This pretty much guarentees if my next rig is a pup it won't be a Jayco. I find it really sad how things seem to be getting worse rather than better after the buyout.
What other manuf gives you 5 yrs on the components mentioned?

I really doubt it's THOR, pups are dying. STARCRAFT, who at one time was the national leader in pup sales, doesn't even make one anymore.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #3

I've always admired the lifetime warranty on some of those pup components.

Between that, the fact that Jayco has not answered my sales inquiries regarding the changes after Jayco collapsed the product line, reading more and more about how folks are getting substandard units (noting quality is a misnomer in the RV world to begin with), and both of my dealers complaining about Jayco quality lately (one is now putting significant Winnebago trailer inventory on his lot) - I just find my faith in jeopardy.

My Greyhawk had some issues but I got them mostly worked out. I do not believe I'd get the same rig in today's models.

I'm bummed with the direction lately.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #4

Yeah, I was saddened to see Jayco get gobbled up, they were one of the good ones. Although their lifetime warranty was nice, it does diddly for you on the used market. My 99 still had all the original paperwork, including the warranty info. Even back then there were some exclusions - it could only be transferred to the 2nd owner and that was it, and there were some time frames involved regarding transfer. I was the 3rd owner so no warranty for me. It did however give me some piece of mind that the overall unit was constructed well, and I have been impressed with my pup in the time I have used it.
Sneezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post
It did however give me some piece of mind that the overall unit was constructed well, and I have been impressed with my pup in the time I have used it.
Exactly !

Old 08-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #6

Mergers and acquisitions are almost never to the benefit of customers (although the companies involved always try to spin it that way). They create monopolies and reduce competition, which means customers have less choice and usually lower quality products.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote