Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #1

Wink Any eagle 14SO reviews? 2003ish?

Hello all- new guy to the forum and new to the camper scene. I am looking at a 2003 eagle 14so and have just a few questions about it. Thing seems to be a beast..but it appears it would have plenty of room for the family with room to spare. I am curious about the slide out..do they hold up well? Are they manual/or powered? I like the idea of it...but just a bit concerned about the maintenance factors with it for some reason. Any other things I should look out for? While I have never owned a pop up before..I have used a older 1006 the last few years and was very impressed with the construction of it and how it pulled. Hence why I am looking at/excited about this unit..seems like a good set up. Thanks for any input. Nick
Hammer0227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #2

I have a 2001 14SO. I imagine it is fairly similar to what you are looking at. The slide out is manual and doesn't require much effort. The slideout really opens up the interior. The slideout is mainly your seats & table, stove & sink. It is a beast but it works well for my family of 5 and with the double axle, it tows very nice. No complaints with mine. As far as maintenance, I treat the tent material every other year and used Maguires clear plastic cleaner/conditioner on the windows. I recommend the AC unit and regret not getting it when I bought ours. Good luck & happy camping !
PopTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #3

2003 14SO Owner

We have a 2003 14SO that we bought last spring. It can be a beast sometimes but overall it is an excellent choice. My wife and I usually have our 6 & 9 year old grandchildren with us and the slide out provides a lot of room.

It is easy to pull and the only real issue we had when we first started using it was learning out how to backup with the surge brakes.
dharris0851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #4

I have a 2002 and I like the setup for my family. (wife, 5 yr old and 3 yr old daughters). It gets a little crowded with clothes everywhere, but that may not be related to the camper. The wife insisted on the shower / toilet combo and it has definitely come in handy for boondocking. A few things to look at when purchasing are the king rail supports in the slide out, if they are loose it will be hard to slide the king bed back in. The king bed has to be slid out before the dining slide, and the reverse when closing up. Make sure you keep the canvas for the dining slide out of the way of the king rails when closing.

When opening / closing the dining slide, you have to make sure nothing will get pinched. I ripped a collapsable 5 gallon jug that way because it had moved during travel.

Towing wise it's been very easy, and my trailer does not currently have working brakes, so I imagine it will be even better once I make that repair.