Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #21

Hi how are you doing. I just purchased a 10sd and had the similar problem. Underneath the sink inside of a cabinet they have a plastic water trap kind of like the thing you seen your house. I'm not sure why you would need a water trap in a camper it just seems kind of weird. I purchased a fitting similar to the one from the hose coming from the sink and the one on the end of the hose that goes to the drain outside the bottom of the camper. I joined those two together and bypassed the water trap and it drains like a champ. Hope it works for you good luck
Inland951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #22

Hi Inland, I built that "air vent' contraption..and the sink drains better, but not like a "champ". Are you able to post a picture of what you have changed?
djyflau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #23

What he's talking about is the P-trap, or the thing that helps not having a smell when hooked to something like a septic system. This should help it drain better - but I have been waiting for the warranty to expire before I start modifying anything.

In the picture I posted it is the solid plastic white object. Unscrew both hoses, and join them with a male to male adapter or another male to male hose.

dudman5703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #24

Hi djyflau,
Unfortunately I'm not able to take a picture now because my trailer is closed up and in storage. As I mentioned before I just bought identical plastic fittings on the end of the hoses and joined them together with a 1 inch long PVC pipe. I was able to turn the faucet on all the way in the sink would not fill up. And when I did fill the sink up all the way it's drained in less than a minute. Compared to what it did when I bought it that's pretty good. Dudman5703 has a good response. He also has a photo if that helps.
Inland951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #25

I have found that how the drain hose I hook up under the camper has a drastic effect on how my sink drains. Any where from not at all to super fast when I remove the stopper. NO loops in the hose, even laying flat is a big plus. It's just dish water but still depending on the soil it can be tricky making sure you respect your neighbors. I currently have a 25 ft hose but need to make up a shorter one maybe 10 ft.
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #26

hey guys I have the 2017 12SC. I had the same issue with the sink draining slow. I made a vent pipe for the drain and it works great now. I took some 1/2 pvc pipe,a t-connector and a threaded connector to screw onto the drain plug. I drain my sink into one of the blue camping jugs you can get at walmart. make sure the vent pipe is higher than the sink drain. you can get all the parts from lowes. no need to glue anything because it is all low pressure. but you can glue if you want I chose not to so that I can take it apart and fit into a tool box.
technicalspectical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #27

I have a 2016 looks very similar. You have a good lookin Camper :-)
indygoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #28

Mine worked well for the past 5 days, hose has to have about 2% fall (or more).
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #29

hi, did you try making a vent pipe on the outside of the camper? I have the 2017 12SC. my sink setup is a little different than yours. it folds down next to the fridge to the right of it and my stove gets removed and stored under the dinette. so I'm not sure if the internal sink piping is the same, but I had a slow draining sink as well. I put a t connector on the hose spigot outside and made a vent pipe that extends above the sink drain. Once I did this, I can run both handles wide open and the sink doesn't doesn't get backed up at all.
technicalspectical is offline   Reply With Quote