Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #1

Anyone have a 1970's JayEagle for parts?

I have a 1973 JayEagle that I'm restoring and would love to get a hold of an original canvas top. Mine is in ok shape but has a few mouse holes.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG95201807299519534933395HDR.jpg  
ibjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #2

I doubt you would find another 45 year old canvas that is worth swapping out. But there are lots of companies out there that make replacements, and the cost is reasonable (IMO). Bear Creek Canvas is one, Canvas Replacements another, but there a few other popular ones. Others will probably chime in with their favs.

Note that if they don't already have the pattern, they can cut to match your existing canvas if you send it to them.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:21 AM   #3

Another Vintage Owner

I don't have parts unfortunately. However, I have been rebuilding my 1971 JayKing.

Just wanted to say there are more of us out here. Your Eagle looks like it's in great shape. Love to see more pics. I'll be posting some once I get mine out of the garage.

Mine has been in the family since 1972. 30 years indoor storage. The roof had to be rebuilt (just put it back on last night).

I'm keeping as many original parts as possible. Furnace is good, Canvas is probably a 7 or 8 (Considering it is almost 50 years old it's probably more like a 9). Has mildew stains that are visible when backlit. But it still seems strong enough to hold. I have a couple of holes in under the corner of a bunk that I don't think I'll have to fix.

I also have a weak rear corner that I need to check out for the pulley mounting. Concerned it will pull out.

I'll answer anything I can if you have questions.

Brian
buki5 is offline   Reply With Quote