Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #1

Bike/boat rack for pop up camper

Thought I would share my DIY rack solution for carrying bikes, paddleboards and Kayaks on the pup! I had been searching for solutions for a while and combined a variety of concepts in my final solution. I initially wanted to mount it permanently, but decided against that as not to compromise the roof.

I used a couple 2x4 cedar boards and mounted bars to them. I routed a channel at the point where they cross the ridge seam. I use cam straps to strap the system to the frame.

The bar system is very versatile because you can use Thule and Yakima accessories if desired. I went with the cheap options for now and used pool noodles for under the paddleboards and attached some basic bike fork mounts to an extra piece of wood until I'm ready to upgrade to some Yakima racks.

Hope y'all find this useful!
Attached Thumbnails
0706191529a_HDR.jpg   0705191704a.jpg   17008.jpg  
djcoppedge is offline   Reply With Quote