Here with another issue, but I think I know the answer, just hoping I'm wrong.
I have a 30 amp circuit installed in the garage for the popup, dedicated with a 30 amp breaker. No extension cords, no adapters.
Went to popup yesterday so we can clean and prep for our trip next week, plugged into our dedicated (like I have a dozen times in the past). Went to turn on the ceiling lights, but they wouldn't come on. Checked our surge protector, was reading clean, no errors. I tried the roof AC, and that turned on just fine, I plugged in our nightlight into an outlet, and that worked, so AC power is working just fine. I kill the breakers, checked the fuses, everything was good. Plugged it back in, and the fan for the converter was pulsing on and off for a good minute, then the lights came on.
Well, later today, went back inside and turned the lights on, and they're pulsing and flickering, then went dim. The AC still works, the outlets still work. I checked the battery, ~13 volts. I checked the fuses, they're fine. I did some Google'ing, and found that the converter could be defective, overheating or a blow fuse. Well, I checked the fuses, and everything is fine (and I'm getting some power, so it's not that). It was running hot in the camper inside the garage, so maybe the fan is defective. I took the fan out of the converter and tested it, works fine. I checked all the capacitors and resistors, and they all look fine.
I tried to run the lights off just the battery, same deal. Which is weird, cause if the converter is bad (at least what I've read), it should still work fine off the battery since that would bypass converter. I checked the kill switch too to see if it was messing with anything, and it doesn't seem to be. If I take the battery off and put it back on, the converter fan runs for a second and then turns off, so its detecting voltage, but just not supplying it through.
I reassembled everything, tested again, same result. The ceiling lights act like they're only getting a few volts. If I only have one on, then I get maybe 20% brightness.
I'm guessing it's bad, and I should order a new converter before we leave for our trip.
Some photos for your viewing pleasure: https://imgur.com/a/uNPDTcM