Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2014, 06:27 AM   #1

eagle 12 FSO dinette slide first out or last out?

just bought an 04 eagle 12FSO with a dinette slide. Couldn't find the steps for putting up and taking down the trailer but we managed, lol. Just wondering if we should pull out the dinette slide first or after the other slides. same questions as well when taking down the trailer?

Thanks!
jnjwinsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #2

Start with the dinette slide once you have the unit chocked, leveled, stabilized and the roof raised. This way you have working room inside to push the other end slides out. Very similar to the 1206 that I have and when the dinette slide is in, you can hardly get in to get to the end slides or anything else.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #3

JinJ.... ignore my previous post. I really shouldn't post things after taking my Oxycodone pain meds. Cause what I posted wasn't at all what my brain was formulating......man I was really loopy.

On my 1206 which is similar to your 12FSO in configuration, once I have the unit chocked, leveled, stabilized and the roof raised, I start with the slide that when pushed in is over the dinette slide benches. I pull that one out first and brace it. Then I pull the dinette slide out, then I pull the back end slide out and brace it.

To close it up I just reverse that order. One word of caution though, don't tuck in the dinette canvas when you push the slide in.........wait until you get the front slide in, then tuck the canvas working your way around the trailer. If you tuck the dinette canvas in when you slide it in, there is a potential that when you push the slide in that goes over the dinette bench, you may catch and rip the dinette canvas.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #4

The procedure for the dinette is as follows: After chocking wheels, cranking top, pull out the canvas for the dinette, pull out the beds first and then pull out the dinette. When you close up dinette closed first, then bed ends are pushed in, then canvas pushed in.

The reason for this order is because there are small metal supports on the dinette section that provide support to the bed rail slide bars as they are pulled in and out. Your first thought is to then push in the canvas, but as Lifespallet said you might catch and rip the dinette canvas. I know from my own learning curve and yes (oops) I have a small rip.
vmswilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinette slide, eagle 12fso, newbie help, step by step