Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #1

Electric Lift on pop up not working

I have a Jay Series 1007UD with an electric lift motor. It stopped working the other day. I checked the wiring and the fuse - everything look good. Also had the battery tested, that too is good. We were able to manually crank it down so I know the cable is okay. No sound at all when you push the switch, up or down.
Any suggestions?
crockett522004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #2

Fuse? do you have a 12volt test light?
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #3

Electric lift

I changed the fuse that is on the power line between the battery and the switch for the motor. No change.
crockett522004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #4

If you have a test light check for power in the wires going into the motor when operating the switch.
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #5

electric lift not working

Hello crockett522004,
What was your resolution to your electric lift problem?
On my inaugural trip, I had to hand crank the top up. I am having the same symptoms you're having. I checked all connections.12v is at battery and fuse is good.
KennyJ
Kennylj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #6

Same Lift issue here

Admitted newbie here. I have the same model and have the same issue. I'm connected to power but lift motor makes no movement up or down. Other than the fuse by the battery, do any other fuses impact the lift? Other electrical items working.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Huntmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntmill View Post
Admitted newbie here. I have the same model and have the same issue. I'm connected to power but lift motor makes no movement up or down. Other than the fuse by the battery, do any other fuses impact the lift? Other electrical items working.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have the '17 12SC Baja, having the same issues. No power striking the wires to the motor.
Battery full, electric lift blows fuse upon trigger every time. Seems to do the same upon plug in too.
I'd like to hear an update. Will do so likewise to share the wealth.
* Loath the fuse box location by the way, completely inaccessible, should've been engineered to lock up from the exterior, alternatively.
Any who...
I've taken it in for service, those guys are a bunch of jokesters. Will again during the winter, let them poke around with it, but they don't seem to diagnose like real mechanics. I speak out of frustration.
great2c4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #8

Gremlins
Old 10-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett522004 View Post
I have a Jay Series 1007UD with an electric lift motor. It stopped working the other day. I checked the wiring and the fuse - everything look good. Also had the battery tested, that too is good. We were able to manually crank it down so I know the cable is okay. No sound at all when you push the switch, up or down.
Any suggestions?

Any update? Same issues
Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #10

seems obvious but did you change out the switch? or put a voltmeter to it?
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #11

did anyone ever come up with a resolution to their motors not working?
technicalspectical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #12

I've had this problem and after removing the hide a bed and rear cover panel, I found out that the wiring was wrapped around the shaft that drives the cables. I repaired the wiring and relocated it away from any moving parts. There's not a whole lot of room in there and when assembling, it appears that they just shove the wires out of the way but after some time and lots of bumps, the wiring moves around. A very simple fix. The hardest part is removing the furniture. Hope this helps.
XDesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #13

My 2008 Starcraft 14RT series POPUP has two BUSSMAN type 25AMP auto reset relay breakers straped together to give my a 12VDC 50AMP circuit to raise my POPUP trailer roof...

The auto reset breaker looks like this

Two are strapped together in parallel just off my POSITIVE battery terminal as you can see in this top view of one of my GP24 batteries.

My UP-DOWN Roof RAISE SWITCH is just a few inches away from the batteries on a panel on the trailer tongue area...

This is where I would measure for 12VDC going to the ROOF RAISE switch...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #14

Hello,
I solved my problem by replacing a blown fuse(15 amp,first row). Check all fuses in the fuse block.
I had to crawl in and locate the fuse block inside the trailer. Bring a flashlight.
Kennylj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDesertRat View Post
I've had this problem and after removing the hide a bed and rear cover panel, I found out that the wiring was wrapped around the shaft that drives the cables. I repaired the wiring and relocated it away from any moving parts. There's not a whole lot of room in there and when assembling, it appears that they just shove the wires out of the way but after some time and lots of bumps, the wiring moves around. A very simple fix. The hardest part is removing the furniture. Hope this helps.
We have a similar problem. Our wiring is under the tongue so while it is more accessible if you are not an electrician it is intimidating. Our wires got caught around the gear, and shredded . Only had the pop up out 3 times since we bought it, problems every single time. I
Mamalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:03 PM   #16

Does anyone have an electrical diagram?

2018 Jayco Jaysport . Does anyone have a photo of the proper electrical connections for the power lift , under the tongue? The gear caught our wires and we need to do major repairs quickly or blow our vacation . Thanks
Old 07-20-2021, 05:36 AM   #17

Fixed

Problem fixed. The electrical
Wires to the power lift were too long and unsecured. They got wrapped around the gear, ripped apart. . Husband fixed it by trial and error.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:48 AM   #18

Sounds like he got them right if it is working now.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #19

I got a 1996 1206 with a electric lift that's not working how do you you get to this part can't find a way to it and is it chain driven
Keffer is offline   Reply With Quote