Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #1

Gap under bunk

This is the gap in my new to me 806.The plastic seal is distorted leaving a gap.Is this typical?I don't want to replace with Jayco seal as it is obviously not up to the job.Another forum suggested garage door seal but i have not found anything suitable.
extenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extenter View Post
This is the gap in my new to me 806.The plastic seal is distorted leaving a gap.Is this typical?I don't want to replace with Jayco seal as it is obviously not up to the job.Another forum suggested garage door seal but i have not found anything suitable.
Any one else have this problem?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #3

Yep mine too

I have a 2010 1207, and have the same gaps on my unit. If you buy some 1" pipe conduit foam insulation you can push it into place after setup. Unfotunately thats pretty indicative
Of the build quality of most jayco products. After owning my jayco for nearly two years I would never consider buying another one... if quality is important save up for a rockwood or other quality brand. The only reason I did choose jayco was because of the of the warranty. However if your dealer is as incompetant as the one in my city you have a major problem... I believe the jayco company operates with integrity. However they would be smart to screen there dealers a little more carefully.
Dee5410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #4

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee5410 View Post
I have a 2010 1207, and have the same gaps on my unit. If you buy some 1" pipe conduit foam insulation you can push it into place after setup. Unfotunately thats pretty indicative
Of the build quality of most jayco products. After owning my jayco for nearly two years I would never consider buying another one... if quality is important save up for a rockwood or other quality brand. The only reason I did choose jayco was because of the of the warranty. However if your dealer is as incompetant as the one in my city you have a major problem... I believe the jayco company operates with integrity. However they would be smart to screen there dealers a little more carefully.
The warranty ran out two weeks ago so I guess that i am on my own,I just bought it used and next week will be the first outing with it.I found some weather stripping to do one side the gap is 3/8'' but the other bed end is 3/4" - 1''.It's our first popup, I didn't realize that Jayco are the low end of the quality spectrum.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #5

Dee5410 posted his/her opinion on Jayco quality and nothing more. I am more than pleased with the build quality of my 2010 22FB. I've been all over that TT doing mods, and I've made quite a few week-long trips in it and I've only encountered one minor issue with a loose P-trap connection. Beyond that, the Jayco product has earned my respect.

p.s. Welcome to the JOF, Dee5410 and Extenter. You'll find a lot of helpful people here and many satisfied Jayco owners.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #6

Great

I think some of the higher end products are a tad better, I also think people have different levels of what quality is, higher expectations...not meant to be directed to the above post... After all the only thing that matters is that you as a customer are happy...
Dee5410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #7

Our 8U has the same issue...but it dosen't bother me. I just use a finger to 'flip' the seal back upright and it stays put until we pack up the camper.

2009 JKU TV (Its a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!)
2000 Quest 8U PUP
Tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreguy View Post
Our 8U has the same issue...but it dosen't bother me. I just use a finger to 'flip' the seal back upright and it stays put until we pack up the camper.
The seal in mine is distorted to badly to stay in place,maybe if I replace it with a new one I can make it work.