Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #1

HELP. At a complete loss with my LP system

I just installed a brand new water heater, 2 brand new LP tanks, 2 brand new pigtails, brand new 2 stage regulator, and a brand new low pressure hose and I am NOT getting gas at either my water heater, or either one of my stove connections. I do not understand for the life of me. I opened my LP tanks very slowly and I know gas is getting through the regulator because I loosened the low pressure hose at that connects to the trailer and I can hear the gas leaking. What am I missing??? I tried to light the hot water heater and there is no gas there, I tried plugging in my stove outside and inside and I hear no noise when I connect it nor when I turn on the burners.

At a complete loss.

Camper is a 2005 1206 pop up
Mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #2

So the low pressure hose provides all the propane to the trailer appliances and you loosened the hose at the regulator and had propane at that junction, right? Turn off the supply at each tank. Remove the low pressure hose from the regulator and open a range burner. You should be able to blow air into the trailer piping system. If not, then there is some clog up in the piping system. If you can blow into it, then I don't see how the propane from the low pressure hose isn't getting to the range top.

PS: Please don't blow yourself up or make an unintentional flame thrower.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #3

Just because you can hear gas escaping, that doesn't mean you have 11" WC at the end of that hose. Did you replace the regulator because of a failure, or was it simply an upgrade because it was time to do it? If you have the same symptom using either tank, the only item common to everything is the regulator, and they have been known to be defective out of the box.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #4

You could also have an obstructed / partially obstructed high pressure hose (tank to regulator)....did you check it before reconnecting the regulator? As I recall....your camper sat for several years?
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #5

The OP said he replaced the pigtails..At this point the only way to troubleshoot this one is to start measureing the regulated pressure and see how far it gets before it drops off. Another possibility is a collapsed flexible hose between the regulator output and the black pipe manifold.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #6

Update, I replaced the t valve at the top of the regulator and everything works fine. Looks like the other T was defective
Mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
Update, I replaced the t valve at the top of the regulator and everything works fine. Looks like the other T was defective
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote