Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2023, 01:04 PM   #1

Help! Camper is wet

I have never owned a camper before and just bought a second hand 2016 jay series 100ud. I’ve had it in my driveway closed for the last 10 days and it’s been raining/snowing in that time. When I looked at it before buying there was no sign of leaks and the owner said no leaks.
I put the shrink wrap they gave me on it but also added a large tarp on top. Perhaps I shouldn’t have done that as when I took off the tarp, there was some ice on the back end. I’ve now opened it up for the first time and the whole back end is saturated. How do I check for leaks, fix them and how do I dry it all out?
Jennim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:28 PM   #2

First off, welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming this is a pop up aka pup. You may wish to also check over at the popup portal. There are lots of great folks over there with specific knowledge of pop ups. Oh course also stick around here.

The steps to dry are
Stopping more water from coming in
Getting fresh air circulating around the wet stuff.

I'd crank up the roof and have it fully set up to air out.

Was the entire roof covered with a tarp? How did the previous owner have it stored? Does the roof look intact? Are there any cracks?
Old 04-22-2023, 08:18 PM   #3

I would set it up and next time it rains, go inside the pup and see what happens...see if you see any water coming in or leaks. If dry, I would assume the tarp trapped in moisture. Sometimes, the best thing for a pop up is no cover. Is it possible you didn't close it up tight? Do you tilt the pop up so all water runs off the back end? My suggestions.
adwizard is offline   Reply With Quote