Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #1

Hi

Hi, I’m new to this website, and as evidence of that, I just wrote a very long post and then hit “submit new thread,” after which my message was gone and hadn’t been sent, so I’m doing this to ask how to place a new message. Would someone please answer? Thanks.
Rhstraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhstraus View Post
Hi, I’m new to this website, and as evidence of that, I just wrote a very long post and then hit “submit new thread,” after which my message was gone and hadn’t been sent, so I’m doing this to ask how to place a new message. Would someone please answer? Thanks.
Read you loud & clear!!! Welcome to JOF from where we decide to park it!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #3

Hope this is the right place to post questions.

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I have a 2010 Jayco 1206, and I haven’t figured out many of the appliances. I’ve read the manual several times, but I don’t find it helpful for any issue I’ve had, so that’s why I’m asking you:

1. The (Norcold) refrigerator: I’m plugged into an AC outlet, have the refrigerator dial in the driver side rear compartment turned to AC and high cool, and the refrigerator isn’t even cool. There are no dials inside it. I realize this is more a cooler than a refrigerator, but it doesn’t seem to work at all. Am I doing something wrong, or is it broken?

2. The sink: I filled the tank with city water from our house’s hose, and it’s full, because I let it overflow a bit from below. The pop-up is plugged in to AC power. I turned on the water pump, which I assume is the on-off switch on the lower rear wall by the cabinet near the water pump, and the pump vibrates and makes noise, but nothing comes out the open faucets. I turned what appear to be t-shaped valves on the floor of that cabinet, but nothing changed. Am I doing something wrong, or is the pump broken?

I’d like to tackle these two issues, and then I’ll ask about the hot water heater and more. If you reply, please answer in detail. Thanks very much for your help.
Rhstraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:07 PM   #4

Did you leave the fridge running for several hours or overnight? If so the fins should be getting cold and you should feel heat coming out of the top vent. If not then you need to check to see if all the fuses and wiring are good. Several long posts and youtubes on how to do this. I prefer to use the gas as it gets colder quicker, stays cold when you drive and uses very little LP gas for even weeks of use. If you can't get anything cold with electricity try lighting it and running on gas. You may need to clean the burner first if it won't light. Again, lots of posts on how to do this both here in the search function above and online. Google how to diagnose my rv fridge and you find a lot of help.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

When you first log in, there's a box to click on under your password, next to "Remember Me" that's in small letters. Click that box, and you won't lose a long posting. Do that every time you log on, and no problem.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Hope this is the right place to post questions.
You certainly can, but there is also a section of the forum specifically for popup campers that has more visibility that this section does. I would do most of your posting there. Here's a link.

Quote:
I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I have a 2010 Jayco 1206, and I haven’t figured out many of the appliances. I’ve read the manual several times, but I don’t find it helpful for any issue I’ve had, so that’s why I’m asking you:
I'm not sure if you are embarrassed because you have an older trailer or because you cannot figure out the manuals. You should not be embarrassed by either! There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an older trailer and the manuals are terribly written. Everyone one of us was new at this at one point or another and got help from other RVers. We love to help on this forum!

Quote:
1. The (Norcold) refrigerator: I’m plugged into an AC outlet, have the refrigerator dial in the driver side rear compartment turned to AC and high cool, and the refrigerator isn’t even cool. There are no dials inside it. I realize this is more a cooler than a refrigerator, but it doesn’t seem to work at all. Am I doing something wrong, or is it broken?
RogerR did a good job answering this one already, so I'll leave it to him.

Quote:
2. The sink: I filled the tank with city water from our house’s hose, and it’s full, because I let it overflow a bit from below. The pop-up is plugged in to AC power. I turned on the water pump, which I assume is the on-off switch on the lower rear wall by the cabinet near the water pump, and the pump vibrates and makes noise, but nothing comes out the open faucets. I turned what appear to be t-shaped valves on the floor of that cabinet, but nothing changed. Am I doing something wrong, or is the pump broken?

I’d like to tackle these two issues, and then I’ll ask about the hot water heater and more. If you reply, please answer in detail. Thanks very much for your help.
Last month I sold our 2013 Jayco 1206 that we used for 7 seasons. The water pump can draw liquid from 2 sources: the fresh water tank which you already filled, and the winterization tube. It is a clear plastic tube you use in the late fall to pump RV antifreeze into your water lines to prevent the water from freezing and bursting the lines and fittings. There are valves in the cabinet under the sink next to the water pump let you select between the tube and the water tank. An easy way to tell which the pump is drawing from is to turn on the pump, then cover the tube with your finger. If you feel suction, you know it is pulling from the tube and you need to change the valves. There should be pictures of the valves and directions on how to align them in the manual.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #7

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote