Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #21

Thanks - pretty much found out about the tape route although I didn't get the steel roller - I did use a wallpaper seam roller that worked very well. Found Coleman Stove fuel works best for removing things from the surface - like their window and edge caulks.

I have found an issue on the lower edge of the "A" panel, cracked leaks by wicking the water to the inside of the long metal hinge. If you see water on inside surfaces this is where it might be coming from - I have photos of everything and been looking at these issues, the power air vent was the first leak issue - I found some clear duct tape to try and then found that it indeed was the edges that leaked. Thus the other take - I should have gotten the black, as it would have blended in the best with all the places I'm going to use it. Found a company that offered it in cream color - NOT a Good Match. Curt
Curt54849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #22

Asolutely interested in an A-frame section

My other half and I were very lucky to find a 2016 Hardwall (in fact 3) still on the dealers lot and still brand new. They were trying to get them off the lot and were 300$ below Dealer cost....

They were very open about the trailers not being in production in 2017. The dealer seemed to think it was due to the fact that the Parent company (that Bought Jayco) was producing A-Frame Pop Ups in another line.

My other half and I were glad to buy a Hardwall, after looking for 5 years for a Tent Trailer Locally. (the best we could find where we are is Trailers that were over 10 Years old, with rotting out canvas at prices around 6-10K CAD)

We live and camp in bear country, and are tired of having to dry out our tents... so a canvas Pop Up really was losing its appeal.

I honestly think there should be a A-frame Catagory in here. It is hard enough to find A-frame info, ad to that the two year run on Jayco A-Frames... Having somewhere to go that has a group of Jayco A-frame owners putting in info would be great.... As it stands all I ever seem to find is Non Jayco Hardwall mods...

lets face it a Jayco owner can say... "Oh I found _____ problem in mine it was coming from _____ location and the ______ fix worked great for me" that is going to way more usefull than... "well I have a A-frame from another company that is 5 years older than yours and I once had a problem remotely similar to that and I fixed it with a product you cant get anymore and it worked great!"

So I'm all for getting a little more input on my trailer (Other than yet another dealer walk through on Youtube labled as a "Review" or "Modifications")

- Fraser
BC Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #23

Welcome Aframer not many of us here, I have a 2016 12HFD. I talked with a Jayco rep after they stopped making them, he told me that they were only in production for just over a year. Some were 2015 models and the rest 2016, he said sales were very slow, the price point was pretty high for that segment and they were coming out with the Hummingbird as a replacement. All this happened long before Thor was in the picture, sure seems like they spent a lot of money to get into this segment but when sales are slow away it goes.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #24

Maybe you could go to "Community" at the top of this page, click on "social" and start your own group from there. Make sure everyone on the larger forum knows that you're there. Just a thought.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:23 PM   #25

A-Frame Forum

I would love a dedicated space for A-Frame owners. We have a 12HFD and love it. I am currently trying to figure out awning solutions and would love to hear from anyone who has made their own awning and how you did it. Thanks!

Tracy
Raiseyourjoys is offline   Reply With Quote