Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #1

Jayco 1206 battery power

Hey everyone,

I have a 2005 Jayco 1206 pop-up camper. I got to the site last night and noticed power didn't work (woods, no electric power here). I have a generator and that supplies power when we absolutely need it. All lights work, furnace works with propane.

On the battery, nothing. I hooked my car up to it to jump the battery to see if I could get it going. When with my car running and jumpered - no lights.

Any idea what I should check? Was actually quite cold last night. I can handle it, but now the rest of the family is here... Hoping to fix so that the heater can kick in.

Thanks!
Covington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:08 AM   #2

Well it is daytime, I'll have to see if there is some DC breaker or fuse somewhere besides the fuse on the battery itself which seems ok
Old 08-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #3

My old popup had a 3 way switch that had to be flipped between shore power and battery.

On occasions it would get switched due to how I packed or someone's heel when sitting in the dinette.

It took a few times before I would look at the switch first, before digging into the whole system.

A Smart phone is one that is NOT in your hand while driving!
64osby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64osby View Post
My old popup had a 3 way switch that had to be flipped between shore power and battery.

On occasions it would get switched due to how I packed or someone's heel when sitting in the dinette.

It took a few times before I would look at the switch first, before digging into the whole system.
I will look again when I unpack everything. Decided to relax and not worry about it while camping :-)