Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #1

Jayco 14so Slide Out

Hi I am a first time poster and looked for more info regarding this but have yet to find it. If you know of a thread on this already please direct me.

I recently purchased a 2000 Jayco 14so with the Superslide. Love the trailer! I read in the manual and it talks about unlocking the slide to pull it out and then locking it back in place. The only lock like things I see are the roof latches on the outside of the slide. The problem I have is the slide tends to want to come out while I am traveling. Anyone have any info on what I might be missing?

Also can you replace the hardware that the slide rolls on I think mine might be wearing out. Thanks in advance for the help. I really love this trailer already but just need to work out a few kinks first.
jaycoaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #2

Hiya JaycoAZ and welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum! The pop-up we had back in the early 90's didn't have a slide, so Don and I am not aware of how the locking mechanism works. Hope you can figure it out ok, but if you don't get what you are looking for, Jayco factory folks are quite helpful to owners of all their products no matter what age. Give them a call
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. Do you have a direct contact to talk to? I have called a couple of times and just gotten a voice mail with no response.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #4

I have successfully phoned 574-825-5861. One time, I just simply asked for "John" who does tours. He is pretty knowlegeable and steered me to the right person. Someone also mentioned an 800 283-8267 number (I've never phoned that one myself, but of course it's toll free ). Keep in mind that they are open from 8am-5pm Eastern time. Hope this helps
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #5

Thanks for the help, finally had a chance to call....life happens I guess. They are supposed to have a fold down tech call me but seemed like they could help. Thanks again.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #6

I saw a similar trailer that had small straps at the bottom corner of the slide. The straps were on the trailer itself, and fastened to the slide. They were quite simple, but for the life of me I can't think of what to call them. They looked something like this:

http://www.aquatecfishing.com/images...n%20straps.bmp

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycoaz View Post
Hi I am a first time poster and looked for more info regarding this but have yet to find it. If you know of a thread on this already please direct me.

I recently purchased a 2000 Jayco 14so with the Superslide. Love the trailer! I read in the manual and it talks about unlocking the slide to pull it out and then locking it back in place. The only lock like things I see are the roof latches on the outside of the slide. The problem I have is the slide tends to want to come out while I am traveling. Anyone have any info on what I might be missing?

Also can you replace the hardware that the slide rolls on I think mine might be wearing out. Thanks in advance for the help. I really love this trailer already but just need to work out a few kinks first.
In the manual it says the 14SO model does not have a lock. Not sure what is causing your slideout to move while traveling though. I have not had that problem.
marvinb2 is offline   Reply With Quote