Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

Question Jayco 1994 (1206) Sink Question...

My husband and I just camped in our (new to us) 1994 Jayco last weekend and had a blast! A couple issues we learned about were 1) our air conditioner leaking inside the camper and 2) our sink isn't working.

I think we figured out the air conditioner problem, but the sink is still an issue. The fresh water tank is full and there appears to be water in the hose that attaches to the sink, but no water comes out of the faucet. When we pump the faucet handle up and down (I think that's how it works???) the water in the tube moves but doesn't come out of the faucet.

Anyone an expert on Jayco 1994 pop-ups (specifically model #1206) that has any tips? Thanks in advance! Excited to be part of the group!

P.S.: (The manual I found for this pop-up is pretty much useless for what I'm looking for answers about.)

Jayco94AKAPoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from New York State, and congratulations on the new-to-you pop up! Just a rambling thought, if the pump faucet hasn't been used in quite a while, the valves inside may have dried out. You could try to prime it by squirting water up the spout, and gently work the handle in an attempt to get them pliable again. Remove it, and see if it would come apart to check the valving for deterioration. Or you could just replace the faucet altogether for $35 to $45.

Being that it's 26 years old, it may just have worn out. Let us know what you find. Other members can benefit from the info.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #3

First make sure you run a sanitizing solution, diluted bleach, through the tank and faucet. You mentioned there’s water in the hose That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the freshwater you put in the tank. This could be very old water! You mentioned the faucet is not working... There could be a number of reasons. There could be a calcium buildup in the faucet, mold, and air leak preventing a vacuum from building up by pumping the faucet.

I had a 1207, The hose was full of mold as well as the faucet. I replaced the hose with PEX and added a water pump so I had pressurized water in the camper. On the faucet I bought I used the hot water side and hook that up to city water.

Here’s some pictures of the pump, how I plumbed it and the faucet I used. Since I had pressurized water now I could also add a outdoor shower! I also added an additional quick connect to the outdoors so that I could hook the shower fitting up.
Attached Thumbnails
F38633A1-2DFA-43F8-B7EC-07B8F3E3BFE7.jpg   D4949B8D-6018-465E-B810-E13F9BBA3170.jpg   23EF5AD6-C442-4C3F-9DFA-BFA504D13FE7.jpg  
Old 08-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #4

AS Colorado said you can add a regular RV pump or you can add one of these in-line with a push switch. Less plumbing to do since the existing faucet will still work.

https://www.amazon.com/LEDGLE-Submer...486314&sr=8-15
Old 08-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #5

Your unit sounds like mine.

A couple things that worked for me.

The handle draws water on the upstroke. When you pump it, go fast up, slower down. If you look at the tank, you should see bubbles etc, moving in the hose.

Make sure the draw hose is in the water tank. It is a short length of hose that sits in the small opening of the tank.

Open up the larger end cap a bit to let in air.

On the first prime, it takes quite a few pumps to get it going. If you listen closely, you can hear the sound change to a higher pitch, as the water gets closer. Pump quickly, but don't go crazy.

Once you get some water flowing, leave the handle in the down position, or it will all drain back, and you get to start all over.

As others mentioned, clean the system well. These sinks don't always get used or maintained very well.
Ranxero is offline   Reply With Quote