Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #1

Jayco Jay Series 1007...

Hello everybody
Last month we got our new 2011 Jayco Jay Series 1007. We wen through the orientation etc etc. I didn't see or receive any DVD with instructions other than the manual about the PUP.
My question is:
- Should I have received a DVD when I got my PUP?
TIA
windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #2

Manual

When I bought my 1207 it only came with a printed manual..
Dee5410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

Thanks Dee5410 for your post.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #4

Windstar, Have you called Jayco directly to see if there is a DVD out there? Not sure what you are looking for, but you could go to YouTube.com and search for the Jayco you have. Often times there are videos that Jayco Owners or dealers will post.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #5

Thanks healthi for your post.
I sent an email to Jayco asking for a DVD(orientation) if there is any, maybe Jayco should included with the printed manual.
I checked youtube there isn't nothing I'm looking for.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #6

Orientation

Did your dealer not provide you with a 1.5-2 hr Orientation? If you have any questions this is a great place to get answers.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee5410 View Post
Did your dealer not provide you with a 1.5-2 hr Orientation? If you have any questions this is a great place to get answers.
Yes they provided me with an orientation, it is too much stuff to learn at once as this is my first PUP, other than that the dealer is over a hour from my place. Having a DVD I can watch and take notes so when I go out I will know what to do and look for.
Camping season is over here in Canada .
Old 11-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
Site Team

Some folks bring camcorders with them and film the entire orientation/walk-thru. It provides a good record and a means to later review anything as there is a lot of information to absorb. I would be surprised if the manufacturer (in this case, Jayco) provided you with anything beyond the printed documentation (manuals, installation instructions, warranty information, etc) for the RV and any associated third party equipment that was installed in it.

One of the SNAFU's we encountered when we picked up our new TT was that while we were doing the paperwork for the sale, the dealer hitched the TT for us. So, he only discussed the hitching/unhitching process but didn't actually perform it. Our pop-up had a just a hitch release that worked totally different from the one on the new TT. When it came time for us to unhitch it for the first time (on a cold, dark, snow covered evening in February), it took us (what seemed like) forever because we didn't fully understand how the new TT's release worked and baffled by the procedure for removing the trunnion bars on the weight distributing hitch.

As with anything, it often becomes a whole different experience when you actually set out to do something as compared to when someone explains it to you (or what the instructions say when you read them).

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #9

I agree with you FPM III. A lot of things go by without us noticing due to unexperience or negligence. It will take awhile when we go out for the first time, maybe a neighbour may help setting up. For now I'm going to wait for spring.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #10

Out

So you just bought the unit and have not had it out camping? You must be itching. You're right a DVD would be a nice touch, and great for people like yourself who don't get a couple of dry runs in before they forget everything the guy in the orientation said. That would be fairly cheap and easy for them to do. Well... when it comes time don't hesitate to ask. I just live down the 401 in Kingston.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #11

Dee5410 you got it right, we got the PUP and is parked in the garage, can't wait to go out with it. The DVD would be good not only for people like myself but for all, there is always something new to learn when the situation arise or to refresh what was said or shown during the orientation.
Thanks.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #12

windstar,

Jayco doesn't have a DVD. I believe RV Education has a generic one that you can purchase at a reasonable price.

When you get ready to take your PUP out in the Spring we will be glad to assist walking you throgh a dry run. I always tell customers to go camping in the yard at least once before taking their new unit out. It helps you if you have questions about things easily forgotten.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cciparts View Post
windstar,

Jayco doesn't have a DVD. I believe RV Education has a generic one that you can purchase at a reasonable price.

When you get ready to take your PUP out in the Spring we will be glad to assist walking you throgh a dry run. I always tell customers to go camping in the yard at least once before taking their new unit out. It helps you if you have questions about things easily forgotten.
Thanks for your post cciparts.