Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #1

Question Jayco Jay Series 1007 Awning Set Up

We recently purchase a pop up camper. Went camping for the first time this weekend. Tried to set up the awning. Looks like we are missing some type of center bracing for the awning. From the instructions they call is Part D Center Support. It looks like we had all the parts but I guess we don't. Does anyone have good pictures of the awning set up? What does this center part look like? The instructions does not give good pictures. We would like to use the awning.
Thanks,
Mike
micklouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

My understanding is that some of the awnings have 2 poles/centers, and some have 3. My new Baja has 3 poles. And yes, the instructions kinda suck. The way mine went up is: 1. install 2 poles across the end with a center connector. Basically that was 2 4' poles with holes in the end, and a center connector with a hole. 2. put together the legs. (mine had 3) a base pole with a little loop for a stake, and an insertable post with a ring on the end. 3. a spring loaded spreader with a cane rubber on one end and a peg on the other is placed on the camper wall, (I placed mine "in" the awning bag), the pin/peg is placed through the ring on the leg and into the hole at the end of the pole that is in the sleeve of the awning.

Two people would make it easier to do, but I did it myself. Sorry I don't have any pics to show. I read the camper manual and the sheet that came with the awning.

Hope it helps!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #3

Thanks Uddy2554,
Hopefully what we are trying to figure out is what this center connector looks like. Since we are missing this items I need to try and fabricate a center connector.
Does this center connector receive the two outer 4' poles? How does it stay in place?

My system is exactly like yours.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike
Old 05-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #4

Uddy2554 we figured out how the awning center part works. It's about a 24" pipe with a hole in the center. About 6" inches in the tube it is pinched where the two end pipes come into it. It will prevent them from going in too far. I think I might take some pictures for people to review installations.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #5

Glad you got it figured out!

I kinda figured my explaination was just about as clear as the original instructions were!

I just set mine up for the 3rd. time...just to practice. I don't want to end up having a public meltdown trying to figure it out