Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #1

lift issue

hey there ..looking for some help on my jayco 14hw. When I crank it up the front is about 2 inches shorter than the rear and the rear is a far as it can go. I cant get the door to go on properly. There is a bit of movement on the front 2 lift bars. like I said its only a couple inches short and the whole thing is level...any help
Chadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

Most likely a problem with the lift cable mechanism. There is a fairly recent post here with some really good diagrams of how the lift system operates. Considering how far out of whack it sounds, I would suspect that a pulley has broken or an entire lift mechanism has pulled away from the frame at a corner. This doesn't sound like a simple "adjust the cable" kind of thing.

Getting at and inspecting the components is a bit of work. They are generally hidden behind panels inside cabinets. At least one of them is buried inside your wet bath. Totally doable if you are fairly handy, but if not, I would be seeking a good RV repair shop to help out.

Depending on vintage and ownership, remember that Jayco offered a lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism for many years. Might be worth taking it to a Jayco dealer for possible warranty coverage.

And BTW - welcome to JOF!

ETA: Found the thread. Check out the 2nd post by @Sneezer here https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tem-50323.html for the link to a repair manual from an Australian site. Similar or the same as the US Jayco mechanism.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #3

wow just skimmed through the link. Theres a lot of explanation in there I will have to read over before I start taking things apart. I will post how it goes thanks
Chadz is offline   Reply With Quote