Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2017, 12:21 PM   #1

Mattress question

I have a two part question.

1) Does anyone know what the size of the mattress are in pop ups? I have a 1998 Jayco Cascade Heritage. I bought Queen size sheets but they don't seem to fit as the beds seem more square than normal beds. I was under the impression one bed was a queen and the other was a full.

2) If I wanted to replace the mattresses is there a good place to find ones that are the same size so they will fit properly?

Thanks in Advnace.

P.S. Since I am assuming there are different types of mattresses, mine seem to be foam(ish?) blocks.
mlambertino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:50 PM   #2

Mattresses in most popups are just a foam pad with a cover.

The problem with replacing them with a real mattress is the space available above the mattress when closed. In a lot of units there is only a very small amount of space above the mattress when closed. In some there is not even space for a mattress topper or blankets.

Before you do anything try putting something a few inches thick above the current mattress and try closing you top down. If you get resistance then you may not have space for much of a mattress beyond what you have. You might try finding a better quality foam or even memory foam to fit in your current mattress covers.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #3

I have had good success with mattress insider.com. They seem to have a wide selection of sizes and types.
Biggest Weber fan in the world.
Bucko06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #4

We have a Jayco 1206 model and it too has foam mattresses. One is called a queen and the other a king, however neither are the same dimensions of a queen or king bed that you would put in your house and buy sheets for. We lived out of our PUP for 4.5 months while renovating our house and found the best solution for us was simply using a pair of inflatable mattresses on the king end and oversized sleeping bags......solved the problem of my wife preferring a softer setting and mine somewhat firmer and we don't have to worry about the clearance issues. After we're done with they roll up and get stored under one of the bench seats. You can get sheets for the smaller sized foam mattresses, but they're kind of pricey.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #5

I have one that is similar to yours - 1999 Jayco Heritage Laurel. I am pretty sure you have the same beds as I do. Dual kings, not queens like you see in most pups these days. They are 70x80. On mine I bought a foam topper on clearance from Walmart, and trimmed it to fit. I use king size sheets and tuck the excess under the mattress. Queen comforter on top. If you buy single sheets then a fitted king and queen flat would work best. I got a good deal on some Target clearance sets so I am making do with it, but the flat sheet is a little big.

I have heard that the jersey/t-shirt type sheets work better as they have a little stretch in them, but I don't like the way they feel compared to regular sheets so I have never tried them.

When in doubt go measure them when you have it up next time. I have found that there is not a whole lot of info out there on the Heritage series as far as specs go.
Sneezer is offline   Reply With Quote