Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #1

Me and my brothers 97 Jayco eagle 10 build

So I purchased a 97 jayco pop up camper that is need of some TLC I'm going to take the roof off and replace the boards in it and also plan on gutting the interior and rebuilding it I'm including my brother on this build he's doesn't get to do much and I want this camper to not only be for me and my wife but for him as well so none of his ideas are getting put down they will all most likely be used, when he was 4 he had an accident where it cause brain damage he's got a slow maturity rate, speech impediment and pretty slow but at the same time very smart and a hard worker he is now 19 as I am 22 I will post pictures with what we have and will keep everybody updated thank you.

Tim S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #2

Sounds like you have a great project. Lot of work there so it will be great for your family to work together on it.
I wish you the best. Feel free to ask for help here. Another resource may be the pop-up portal (http://www.popupportal.com/)

Have fun with it! I look forward to pics.

Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #3

here is our starting point

These photos are up to date it doesn't look all that bad but does need the roof worked on and the counters have some spots on them from where moisture got in the floor is all new so I don't have to worry about that also need to figure out if I want to install a sink or just leave it out not sure yet we will figure it out as we go though Im also running new gas lines through as well figured instead of lugging around a propane tank just hook it to the front of the camper where it should be and hooking my grill to the nozzle next to the door when we set it up
Attached Thumbnails
popup1ex.png   popup2ex.png   popup3ex.jpg   popup4ex.jpg   popup1.png  

popup2.png   popup3.jpg   popup4.jpg  
Old 10-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Great project! You guys will have her looking like new in no time!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #5

Did some research today and I have it figured out on how to redo the roof seems pretty easy we shall find out
Old 10-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #6

Well today I went and bought some plywood and liquid nails heard this stuff works very well and also some caulking also picked up a couple of boards to use as cross members to help prevent sagging and to support an a/c if we get one was going to try and start the roof today but Indiana weather denied that with snow, so it may not happen until next weekend probably going to borrow our dads garage which is heated will post pics as we go along hoping to get the ball rolling
Old 11-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #7

Excited for you guys! It's the people that make the party
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecampingcat View Post
Excited for you guys! It's the people that make the party
Thank you, my brother is anxious to get it started im actually going over to look at the lift system I may try to fix it and just do away with the manual set up not sure yet but if I remember correctly it still had the winch and everything still in it if I can get that working then that would be great if not I can make do with the manual lift for now
Old 11-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #9

Either way you can get started your providing inspiration for the rest of us and JOF members interested in your progress will help motivate
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #10

Well we are heading out to our moms where the camper is stored and going to see what we can get done today probably mostly measurements on the counters and the box that the couch sits on and after we get it measures may start gutting it