Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1

My pop up has become my mancave.

We have one good airconditioner in the house so my two small kids have been sleeping in our bed because it has been way too hot at night in their rooms. Instead of trying to squeeze myself inbetween my wife, a five year old, a six year old, 2 dogs, and a cat I have been sleeping in the pop up in the driveway for the past month..lol

I have the fridge loaded with drinks, my TV out there, a nice fan and a big comfy king size bed all to myself. I wont dare tell the wife that I have actually been loving it, instead I let her think it has been hot and uncomfortable and I am making a good sacrafice for my family's comfort.

Last night I got home from the gym, everyone was asleep so I went to my new mancave, watched some tv and fell asleep. Started downpouring around 12:00 and the sound of the rain was SOOTHING as can be, I slept like a baby.

Anyone else call their camper their mancave?
Mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #2

No but real cool idea, peace and quiet
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Site Team

I`ve been known to "escape" to the trailer for a nice quiet nap now and then, no phones tv or dogs to wake me......
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #4

I like that.....enjoy it while you can.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #5

I keep the fridge running all the time, keep some beer out there, 30 plug runs the AC whenever I want it, my man cave lets me escape to do homework (yep, back to school) take a nap, whatever I need

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #6

Sounds great!
Rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #7

I could get used to this way of thinking!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #8

Shhh...don't tell anyone your secret! If you have the ability to get away on your own, then do it. Play it up a little though...like you're being eaten alive at night by mosquitos or that some kind of snake came to visit you in the trailer. That ought to keep your man-cave an undesirable locale for anyone else to bug you.

2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z-71, 6.0L, Crew Cab w/3.73's
2011 Jayco Jayflight Swift 26BH
38 Nights Camping in 2017
newrvguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #9

I use the 23B for my sleeping area when I have to work nights. Sleeping in the house is impossible due to the bright light and noise level during the day. My trailer stays in a windowless shop building about 150' from the house so it is dark and quiet. I can run the A/C in the warmer months and a small electric space heater when it's chilly. It's the perfect place!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #10

This message drew my eye, new to forums

I laughed out loud when I first saw this post. While sitting out in my tent trailer the other night in the extreme heat having a beer and listening to some tunes I wanted to hear it suddenly dawned on me this is my man cave. The rest of the family stays inside even though the heat is sweltering and generally avoid the use of the tent trailer when we are not camping.

Tonight I set up the canopy and screen room along with a table and chair. The man cave is progressing! Unfortunately we are having heavy rain for the next to days.
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #11

I remember the first night we got r popup home I set it up in the driveway temp was 30 it had no furnace just a heating option on the ac so it was 28 in the trailer I just sat at the table looking around im sure my wife thought I was a fool but I was having a blast my brother in law came over and we sat out there almost all night played cards froze talked about all the future camping trips froze and just had a great time I miss that pop up JESUS was a camper 2
Tommyb is offline   Reply With Quote