Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Pop Up Campers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #1

need a new city water connection point me in the right direction

so i have a 93 eagle 10 and we took it out camping last weekend and the city water connection crapped out out check valve fell to pieces and it leaked so i need a new one. All the ones i find are like a 3 in od i need one thats like almost 5in to fit the recess so can you guys point me to one that will work link or part number anything.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2714.jpg   IMG_2715.jpg  
brianis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:44 PM   #2

Have you checked Amazon.com?
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1UJN9F424TD3U

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #3

I would remove that face place and just replace the inlet valve and install the old face plate, may be hard to find a complete unit that size.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #4

one of the customer reviews said it had a 3 1/2 mounting hole if so that wont work im not sure if the actual area that is recessed is the 3 1/2 or if the overall is dont want to order the wrong thing. Im not really sure how the dimensions are on these.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #5

You dont have to use the mounting plate from the new one. Just remove the nut on the back and the inlet valve will slide off, then slide it in your old faceplate
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #6

Am I out to lunch thinking you can replace the check valve by itself without everything else being removed?
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #7

It’s so damn old if I’m going replace it I might as well replace the valve the whole unit thanks for the advice guys
Old 09-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #8

look at the Valterra recess water inlet at gander outdoors or Adventure RV. Looks about the same size.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianis View Post
so i have a 93 eagle 10 and we took it out camping last weekend and the city water connection crapped out out check valve fell to pieces and it leaked so i need a new one. All the ones i find are like a 3 in od i need one thats like almost 5in to fit the recess so can you guys point me to one that will work link or part number anything.
OK, you probably already figured out that the mounting plate you have is much larger than what the new ones that are available. Here’s what I did, If you look at the picture that you posted, remove it from the camper and using a Dremel carefully remove the backflow preventer from the plastic face plate. These old ones do not come apart like the new ones do. Also be very careful because the plastic will be extremely brittle.
That green shaded area will become your mounting plate for your new backflow preventer.
I removed mine painted it using black plastic paint. Where your old face plate and the new backflow preventer will meet, you will use Butyl Putty Tape between the two surfaces. I carefully drilled three holes and used short screws/nuts to tighten the two surfaces together. Whatever putty squeezes out simply use a razor blade or scalpel and remove. Remount your original face plate with the new backflow preventer that’s now mounted inside your original one. Use the same holes and screws that was holding your old one in place. Make sure you use putty tape there also to prevent leaks.
Unfortunately, I can’t get a better picture without moving the camper. If need a better pic I’ll take one this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
5E50EFC3-AD56-42A3-B7B3-AB5DABB3E519.jpg   610938D0-90F0-45A3-90BD-F54AD65F6274.jpg  
Old 09-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #10

This helps thanks i was also debating taking a new piece of metal and making a new outer ring also same concept though
Old 09-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #11

If you have or know a kid in high school, ask them to 3D print you a replacement faceplate in tech class.

Then add the guts from a smaller one as suggested above.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote