Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2022, 10:33 AM   #1

Need lift system advice

I have a 2005 Jayco pop up. The lift system kinked, bent the pulley, and other bad things happened. I understand this can be fixed, but that’s outside my skill set. The camper dealership near me thinks pop up repairs are beneath them. Where do I go to find someone willing to fix this? Is it worth the expense?
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:42 PM   #2

Thumbs up

I had the same problem, even the local Jayco dealers wouldn't work on pop up lift systems. I don't know where you're located but if you're near Southern Indiana, Cunningham Campers in Clarksville IN will work on your lift system, and they have most parts in stock to fix it. It's definitely worth it! My 2009 1207 was just like new and well worth fixing. Good luck!
Cat skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:19 PM   #3

Thanks so much! Do you mind sharing what they charged? They’re 4 hours away from me, but if that’s the difference between a useable camper and a 1/4 ton paperweight, I’m definitely interested.
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:17 AM   #4

I had other things repaired also and I can't remember how the charges were broken down but my total bill was over $700. Not so bad I didn't think compared to losing the use of my camper and my investment. I did have most of the needed parts so that saved me a bit. Sorry I can't be more specific. I do have their phone number 812 284 0276. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2022, 09:41 AM   #5

Just wondering how you made out on your lift system?

Tags
cable pulley repair, lift repairs, lift system