Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 08:41 PM   #1

Need Parts!

So turns out we have a 93 Jayco Designer Series King 6 SD 25th anniversary, if that means anything.

The door is kind of wonky on it and we need the crank. I'm having a hard time finding these parts, or any older parts for that matter.

Any leads?
NoahsMomma429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahsMomma429 View Post
So turns out we have a 93 Jayco Designer Series King 6 SD 25th anniversary, if that means anything.

The door is kind of wonky on it and we need the crank. I'm having a hard time finding these parts, or any older parts for that matter.

Any leads?
The crank is just a piece of 1" square tube with a handle welded to it. Should be able to get something like that fabricated.
5thGenTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenTexan View Post
The crank is just a piece of 1" square tube with a handle welded to it. Should be able to get something like that fabricated.

Okay. Well it has a square tube, no handle so I'm assuming it probably broke. We can figure out something. What about the door? We also can't find anything about lighting the pilot light, or how anything works like the toilet and shower, sink. There's nothing like that in the manual.

Thanks for your help btw, it's appreciated
Old 09-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Okay. Well it has a square tube, no handle so I'm assuming it probably broke. We can figure out something. What about the door? We also can't find anything about lighting the pilot light, or how anything works like the toilet and shower, sink. There's nothing like that in the manual.

The Jayco manual is pretty useless. I was a senior in highschool when we got our '92 Cardinal SD. I have all the documentation that came with the trailer. Each component had its own paperwork. I will show you a bit of what I have on the crank. That winch is not a Jayco part, totally different company that may still be in business. I don't know. You inset the handle into the square tube under than little door in the trailer. I am sure its not broken, just missing. How did you get it up with no handle or does it have the electric lift?

Crank Handle:

Parts Diagram:

Winch Manufacturer
Old 09-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #5

Quote:

Now...

Pilot light for the water heater?

Thetford toilet I bet.

What about the sink and shower?
Old 09-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #6

What do you mean when you say the door is "wonky"? Can you provide pictures?
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #7

That crank handle shouldn't be too hard to find. It has changed in decades. Exactly the same handle on our 2008.

Here's one on eBay:
L w Jayco Viking Coachmen Pop Up Tent camper Crank Handle | eBay
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #8

Honestly, considering the age of the unit, the one thing I would have professionally looked at is the propane system before lighting anything. It should have a pressure drop test performed to make sure there are no leaks from cracks or loose fittings that may have occurred over time. A certified gas tech can also show you how to light any pilots and make sure they are in operating order. Also, your propane and CO gas detector has got to be long past it's expiry if it has never been changed; replace it. Get a new smoke detector at the same time.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Honestly, considering the age of the unit, the one thing I would have professionally looked at is the propane system before lighting anything. It should have a pressure drop test performed to make sure there are no leaks from cracks or loose fittings that may have occurred over time. A certified gas tech can also show you how to light any pilots and make sure they are in operating order. Also, your propane and CO gas detector has got to be long past it's expiry if it has never been changed; replace it. Get a new smoke detector at the same time.
They didn't come with smoke detectors and CO detectors back then. My 92 didn't anyway. I'm not saying they aren't a good idea, it'd just there isn't anything to replace.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:25 PM   #10

Check Ebay for part! Crank Handle

Another option, can you weld or know someone who can? Fabricating a new crank handle is child's play for someone who can weld. All the pieces can be bought at local hardware/farm supply stores.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenTexan View Post
Now...

Pilot light for the water heater?

Thetford toilet I bet.

What about the sink and shower?

How they work, as far as are their holding tanks for the shower water and the toilet water? Do we put anything in them?
Old 09-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #12

Quote:
How they work, as far as are their holding tanks for the shower water and the toilet water? Do we put anything in them?

Is your toilet similar to this Thetford C2?

There is a small door to the right of the entry door that allows access to the holding tank for the toilet. You have to pull it out and empty it by hand. The gray water tank for the shower is on the street side near the front. There is a black cap that unscrews to let that water out. The sink outlet is on the street side of the trailer on the sidewall. You can let it drain from there, I cant remember if it goes to the gray water tank or not.