Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #1

New Face: 2007 Jay Series 806

Hey everyone,

I picked up a new-to-us very well maintained 2007 Jay Series 806 in July last summer. Our family (Myself, wife, then 2.5 year old, + Dog) made it out for 2 weeks last summer to break it in.

Stored it in my garage all winter and pulled it back out at the start of May. We've already been out this weekend past and all equipment is working great for the most part.

I'm looking into a few upgrades, mods, and a bit of personalization as we learn more about how we use the trailer and what we need. Nice to meet everyone!

Any thoughts? questions? Other 806 owners?

We are pulling it with a 2013 Kia Sportage AWD with no issues.
Horsmanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #2

Hey to you. Congratulations on the new-to-you trailer and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #3

Congratulations, Welcome, and Safe Travels!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #4

Congratulations and welcome. My parents started taking me camping in the White Mountains of New Hampshire when I was 2. Some of my earliest memories are the fun that we had!

I had a Jayco popup for 14 years and always loved it. I had three large plastic totes. One was for towels, blankets etc. which I could easily bring in the house during storage. Another was for outside stuff like hose, extension cord and campfire supplies/large grill tools and would keep it outside under the bunk when camping. The third was medium size for canned and dry food. They were all sized to be able to be put in/taken out through the door if the camper was closed.

Things that could stay packed all year like pots, pans, dishes, paper plates/towels/napkins and fan/heater I kept in the storage cabinets.

My popup had no outside storage so I had another tote in the SUV with level blocks, lift crank and jack crank and tools so it was handy when I arrived at the destination.
jimovernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:59 AM   #5

Thankfully I grew up camping in an older pop-up when I was younger after my family graduated from car + tent camping. We've already got the large rubbermaids going with blankets and sheets in one and misc supplies in another.

My priority upgrades right now are:
-Dual propane tank / better propane tank mount upgrade. The two bolts through the bottom thing is sketchy.
-Battery bank upgrade.
-Find a solution for how awkward the folding table legs are with the u-shaped dinette.
-Figuring out how to add hanging storage inside once the camper is up.

Next few comfort purchases will be:
-Screen room for outdoors around picnic tables.
-Some kind of outdoor kitchen setup to make food staging and cooking easier.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #6

Welcome from Wisconsin and enjoy your 2007 Jay Series 806.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:41 AM   #7

I spent some time in Madison last summer. Beautiful part of the world but the mosquitoes are a whole new level of vicious!
Old 07-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsmanicus View Post
Hey everyone,

I picked up a new-to-us very well maintained 2007 Jay Series 806 in July last summer. Our family (Myself, wife, then 2.5 year old, + Dog) made it out for 2 weeks last summer to break it in.

Stored it in my garage all winter and pulled it back out at the start of May. We've already been out this weekend past and all equipment is working great for the most part.

I'm looking into a few upgrades, mods, and a bit of personalization as we learn more about how we use the trailer and what we need. Nice to meet everyone!

Any thoughts? questions? Other 806 owners?

We are pulling it with a 2013 Kia Sportage AWD with no issues.
Wife found some good ideas on popup princess website. We built 2shelves that fit over the sink pretty easily in our 2005 806. Installs quick after all is set up. Stores under mattress. Also get gel foam mattress pad to go over standard mattress. Makes a BIG difference. Happy trails!
dabel58 is offline   Reply With Quote

« wind | EZ lube »