Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #1

New (used) 1207 owner

Hi!,

Just picked up a 2007 1207 for the labour day long weekend. My wife was complaining about going tent camping and it was a bit of a last minute decision when this one came up. So far we couldnt be happier. It treated us well during our trip the only issue we have had is since getting back home the propane alarm has a mind of its own even though all the gas has been shut off for over a week now.

Mbourre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #2

Two things to consider:
1. The Propane/CO alarm will sound if the trailer battery is at all low. Make sure your battery is fully charged. Ours used to always go off in the middle of the night if the battery was running down. It will stop if you cut off the battery (disconnect switch, or pull the + cable off).
2. These detectors have a life span of 5-6 years. Considering the age of your unit, it should be replaced if it is stale dated. Our newest one has an alarm (different pattern) that sounds when it is past its life span. Check the manufacturing date (generally on the back of the unit). I marked the install date on the front of the new one with a Sharpie.

ETA: nice looking unit, and Welcome to JOF! Great place, friendly people! Is that Ingersoll ON?

EATA: Guessing yes, just noticed Jayco's Canada spec flag on the side of the pup.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
Site Team

My co/lp detector went bad on our last trip. It was 2 years old and I bought it from MTI industries. I called and got a RA# and will get a replacement if it goes bad before 5 years.

Since we were on the road, I purchased a LP/CO detector that works on 110v and has a 9v battery backup from Lowes.

I just unplug it when we were towing. I will keep it for a backup since I have never had one that lasted 5 years.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Two things to consider:
1. The Propane/CO alarm will sound if the trailer battery is at all low. Make sure your battery is fully charged. Ours used to always go off in the middle of the night if the battery was running down. It will stop if you cut off the battery (disconnect switch, or pull the + cable off).
2. These detectors have a life span of 5-6 years. Considering the age of your unit, it should be replaced if it is stale dated. Our newest one has an alarm (different pattern) that sounds when it is past its life span. Check the manufacturing date (generally on the back of the unit). I marked the install date on the front of the new one with a Sharpie.

ETA: nice looking unit, and Welcome to JOF! Great place, friendly people! Is that Ingersoll ON?

EATA: Guessing yes, just noticed Jayco's Canada spec flag on the side of the pup.
Thanks for the information. Yes the propane alarm is past its prime. I am looking to replace it come next season. For now I just unhooked everything and disconnected the battery as it was making the neighborhood dogs go nuts!

And yes you are correct we are in Ingersoll Ontario!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #5

Ah, fond memories. Lived in London ON many years ago; my dad worked for CIL in Ingersoll. Must have been 40 years ago now.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Ah, fond memories. Lived in London ON many years ago; my dad worked for CIL in Ingersoll. Must have been 40 years ago now.
its a nice little town we have been here for just about 4 years now. Previously we have hopped all over the place from Cambridge to Belleville, Brantford, Paris Tillsonburg. Now that we have kids we have stayed put for the first time since we were kids.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #7
Site Team

Welcome from Western NY! Happy Camping.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Welcome from Western NY! Happy Camping.
Thanks! one of the reasons we actually did this is because we went to Darien Lake earlier in the year and my kids loved it however my back did not enjoy sleeping in a tent. We want to make it a bit of a family tradition so I am sure we will be back in your neck of the woods next year!
Old 09-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbourre View Post
Thanks! one of the reasons we actually did this is because we went to Darien Lake earlier in the year and my kids loved it however my back did not enjoy sleeping in a tent. We want to make it a bit of a family tradition so I am sure we will be back in your neck of the woods next year!
The tent went away when the ground got hard.....or the beer ran out. Enjoy the PUP, and happy camping. We have some nice places around here.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:47 AM   #10

Congrats. We picked up one just like yours in June, and have used it several times already, heading to Algonquin Park this weekend to enjoy the fall colours. Yours looks to be in great shape!

We love the layout, it is so spacious, and there is lots of storage even when popped down. I've done a fair bit to ours, new tires/rims, serviced bearings, new caulking all over, replaced some small broken parts, etc and reconfigured some of the storage areas.
jonnieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 AM   #11

Congratulations! That thing is immaculate for it's age.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnieb View Post
Congrats. We picked up one just like yours in June, and have used it several times already, heading to Algonquin Park this weekend to enjoy the fall colours. Yours looks to be in great shape!

We love the layout, it is so spacious, and there is lots of storage even when popped down. I've done a fair bit to ours, new tires/rims, serviced bearings, new caulking all over, replaced some small broken parts, etc and reconfigured some of the storage areas.
Thanks! we have only been out the once so far. we wanted to get out more but I still need to get the hitch installed on our van. Was able to borrow a vehicle the one time but I don't want to be a pest.

What kind of storage mods have you done?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Congratulations! That thing is immaculate for it's age.
Thanks! we love it. I kind of rushed in to it because I didnt think I would find one so clean again. I dont know if I got a good deal for it but it was $4500 (cad)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #14

Hang on and I'll try to dig up some pics. That's a fantastic price for the 1207 in good condition, I paid several hundred $$$ more for mine (decided I really liked the floor plan, and the other ones for sale were even more expensive), and have done a lot of work to bring it back to (almost) new condition. Had to replace the awning poles, fix up some cabinetry, fix a couple of pipes, replace the CO/smoke, etc, and did a few mods.

Still haven't got a battery, that will be next year's project. Fortunately canvas, appliances, frame, were all good, but it had probably been stored outside for a while. Mine's a 2007 too, without the extra table and the cupholders.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #15

I added a hinged lid to the compartment under the U-shaped couch, and moved the front ply wall back a bit to increase storage space under the couch seat.

( I just cut the plywood in half, and used the rear half for the lid.) It means you can also make this more of a step if you want an easier climb into the king bed.

I added a 4" PVC pipe on the rear bumper to carry the awning poles. You can just see it (open) in this pic).

Plus a sweater rack, velcroed to the ceiling, for shirts, and light stuff.

I also added a small hinged compartment next to the crank mechanism under the bench seat at the queen size bed, for repair items. (no pic). I also braced under the countertop to the left of the sink, as it had sagged a bit (probably due to water coming in through the roof vent).
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnieb View Post
I added a hinged lid to the compartment under the U-shaped couch, and moved the front ply wall back a bit to increase storage space under the couch seat.

( I just cut the plywood in half, and used the rear half for the lid.) It means you can also make this more of a step if you want an easier climb into the king bed.

I added a 4" PVC pipe on the rear bumper to carry the awning poles. You can just see it (open) in this pic).

Plus a sweater rack, velcroed to the ceiling, for shirts, and light stuff.

I also added a small hinged compartment next to the crank mechanism under the bench seat at the queen size bed, for repair items. (no pic). I also braced under the countertop to the left of the sink, as it had sagged a bit (probably due to water coming in through the roof vent).

Nice I may have to steal some of those ideas. I like the hinged storage in the u shaped dinette. I like it for eating but it is a bit of a pain when it is time to get in to the bed there.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #17

If you open the lid, the 2' seat cushion will stand up in there, and you can use the back 1' cushion for the seat!