Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #1

Newbie with bed support question

We bought a 2011 1206 popup this weekend. The manual ( which also covers a few other models) includes installation of u shaped brackets under the king bed. We don't have these attached to the underside of the bed and looking at pictures, it Looks like the only supports are the straight poles. Can anyone with a 2011 1206 model confirm?
Seriousjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #2

I have a 2010 model 1007 that also uses the extra supports that you speak of. However, I noticed those supports only come into play when you initially pull the bed out to rest on. Once the bed is fully extended and the two straight bars are installed, it lifts the king bed I have right off the curved ones. Perhaps a 1206 owner will chime in and offer their two cents. I'll be curious to see if it's of a similar reason.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #3

About to start using our camper for the season and just wanted to see if anyone else has feedback that owns a 2011 1206 model. Thanks!
Seriousjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #4

Bed supports

Have an older 10Z (2006). On the king size bed, the straight support push against the curve supports but both sets support the bed. I leave both in place - 4 supporting the large bed, not 2.
Larry AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #5

It should be easy enough to tell if you should have them. If you are outfitted for them, there will two little silver metal strap fittings on the upper front edge of the box where the top of the U tube drops into. There would also be two metal "wings" with pockets on the sides of the A-frame where the other end of the U-tube drops into.

I don't have my 1007 anymore with these hoops, but someone might be able to post a picture of what the fittings look like. If your 1206 has the fittings, then it should probably have the supports.

Like @36fire412, ours only seemed to support the bed when pulling out. The two straight bars seemed to take all the weight once installed. It is possible though that the bed sagged down enough in the middle to touch them again once we were in bed. I don't think I would be flexible enough to check that.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #6

I found a 2011 manual that shows two supports and has explanations and pictures.

https://www.jayco.com/files/download...ilename_42.pdf

It shows both types bed supports on page 67 and 68.

We camped next to a brand new camper being set up for the first time. He pulled out the bed and went inside, then crawled out to set up the canvas roof support and promptly and permanently bent the rails. After a lot of really loud four letter the family smashed it all back together and left. A very sad 4th of July weekend for them.
I always wished I had gone over and offer assistance before he made that error.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote