Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

No fresh water intake

Hi. You've all been great answering my questions in the past for which I'm very appreciative. I have another regarding my 1992 Jayco 1006 pop up. It has a "city water" connection but no fresh water port. So, if I chose not to use my city water connection what recourse do I have, if any? Can i physically fill up my 5 gallon fresh water tank with water from the campground pump? And then what? Start moving the kitchen handle back and forth to get it to draw water? If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thanx
adwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #2

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/1992%20Jayco%20Camping%20Trailers%20Owners%20Manua l.pdf

this is the generalized manual for your camper I found.

Some have a permanent tank with outside fill, drain and overflow.
Others have a portable tank that you fill and take to the camper.

Look under the sink for a hose line dropping down from the sink. If there is a loose end there or in a nearby cabinet that is the pickup for the pump. The pump also acts as a shutoff for the city water supply.

The 5 gallon or so container may be long gone and you will have to buy one that fits in the space in the cabinet.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/1992%20Jayco%20Camping%20Trailers%20Owners%20Manua l.pdf

this is the generalized manual for your camper I found.

Some have a permanent tank with outside fill, drain and overflow.
Others have a portable tank that you fill and take to the camper.

Look under the sink for a hose line dropping down from the sink. If there is a loose end there or in a nearby cabinet that is the pickup for the pump. The pump also acts as a shutoff for the city water supply.

The 5 gallon or so container may be long gone and you will have to buy one that fits in the space in the cabinet.
Thanks. I appreciate your answer. I do have a portable fresh water plastic tank. Yes there are lines that connect to it. They are not connected at present. However, if I choose not to use the "city water" connection, can I still use my fresh water tank by some other manner? Do I use the campsite water pump? Fill up the container and drag it back to my camper and hook everything back up and then pump the tank using my kitchen handle?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:22 PM   #4

Yes, once you fill your freshwater tank and reconnect the lines, you should be able to pump your kitchen handle and get water. Your kitchen handle is just a baby manual pump that draws water from tank. Since your not connected to "city water" which is pressurized you have to do the work now. Hoping that your lines have no leaks and your kitchen pump is in good working order. I'm assuming you have no electrical water pump on this model.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Yes, once you fill your freshwater tank and reconnect the lines, you should be able to pump your kitchen handle and get water. Your kitchen handle is just a baby manual pump that draws water from tank. Since your not connected to "city water" which is pressurized you have to do the work now. Hoping that your lines have no leaks and your kitchen pump is in good working order. I'm assuming you have no electrical water pump on this model.
Thanks. I appreciate your answer. Yes, as far as I know there is no electrical pump for my fresh water. So as you say, yes, I'll have to do the work now when not hooking it up to city water connect. Thanks again.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #6

You can take the tank in the camper to the available water or get a second container ( I had a bladder type water carrier ) and haul it back. Great thing for the kids to do while we cooked.
The pump/faucet is not terribly expensive or hard to replace, they do go bad.

We always carried some water in case we got somewhere that the water was bad or unavailable. A couple of gallons would brush teeth, wash hands, etc. before bed and find the water the next morning.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote