Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #1

No power to roof accessories...

We have a 2010 1206, and had a strange power problem - opened the trailer up Friday, two weeks after a trip (had been plugged into house power in the yard for the duration; still plugged in when we raised the roof), and had no power to anything mounted on the ceiling (lights, fans, and ports for the muffin fans). We checked the connection to the plug - fine; control panel circuit breakers were fine (we reset, just to be sure); fuses looked fine; reset the GFI outlet; visually inspected the pair of wires going from the bed to the ceiling (as much as we could see without removing the canvas covering), and they looked fine. Got out a voltmeter and found there was current at the top of those wires. Everything below the canvas level was working fine (outlets, fridge, heater, water pump). Dealership was closing for the long 4th weekend, so we figured we'd make do with battery-powered lamps (we were camping in our front yard - no big deal). Well, around midnight, the ceiling lights came back on! I must have left them switched on without realizing it. We figured that one of the circuit breakers must have needed to cool to a certain temp before fully resetting - and now will check the fan on the control panel to see if there's any problem there. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
blumoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #2

My money is on the switch under the folding sink. It's there to make sure the power to the lights is cut off when the top is lowered for safety.
Check the switch to see if it is working when the sink is in the raised position.
Good luck.
2010 Jayco EXP 21M Hybrid

“This isn’t rocket science; it’s more like quantum physics.”
Topflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #3

Sounds reasonable, but I can't find any switch. I checked under the folding sink unit - nothing there. Emptied the cabinet under the sink; no switch, only valves for turning on and off the water flow. The only "switch" visible is on the bunk-end cabinet near the sink area, but that turns on the water pump. Where is this switch of which you speak?
Old 07-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #4

I can't say exactly where the switch is on your model, but on the four PUPs that I've owned, the switch is a push button switch under the sink. You could see it when you moved the sink to the lower position. The sink pushes on the button to activate the light circuit when raised to the upright position.
All of mine had a large (1/2") metal button.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #5

Still can't find it. Attached are photos of the countertop on which the sink sits when in the upright position, and the underside of the sink assembly. The white thing to the left of the sink assembly (on the bunk end cabinet) is the top of the outlet; under that outlet is the switch for the water pump. Neither actually touch the sink assembly when it's in the folded-down position.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #6

Okay, you got me on this one. Hopefully someone with your model will let you know where the safety switch is. Maybe it works off a bunk slide.
Again... Good luck.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #7

On my 1007 the switch is outside on the roof just in front of the back left roof support. It is very easy to damage when packing up and pushing in the sides.
N.S.Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #8

N.S. Runner - thanks! That's exactly where ours is too. We'll definitely watch that area when raising/lowering/stuffing. I'm not convinced that's what caused the problem, though - it looks fine, and seems in perfect working order.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #9

My 2002 1206 had the sw just under the roof just where n.s. runner explained. Larry
Old 07-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #10

I have a new 2011 Jayco 1007. I had same problem on first setup. Turns out I had slightly bent the shutoff switch when I wrapped the cover around the lifter pole so that it didn't make proper contact. It's flimsy so easy to do. traightened it out and things were fine.
Rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote