Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 AM   #1

Patches for canvas above beds

There were a couple patches already installed on my pop-ups canvas above the beds when I bought it, and they've held up well the past couple of years. However, I think the heat we recently had baked the glue and now they won't stick. Can I just use a new epoxy with the same patch(It looks like they were professionally patched. They cut mating holes for the glue around where it appears the original hole was, then sandwiched the canvas with 2 patches).

So, can I use a new epoxy? Or should I get a new patch? Anything on Amazon that I can order or a big box store like Meijer that people have found work well? Packing the camper up and headed out next weekend, and won't have the ability to get to the closest RV shop to me, which is about 45 minutes away.

2004 Jayco Qwest 10B
Battery Package Upgrade
LED Lighting Upgrade
Water Pump Upgrade
bjlasota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:41 AM   #2

Epoxy would make me nervous, as it is not something that I consider flexible when cured.

For scouts we use "Tear Mender". I have never used it with an old patch that had some other type of adhesive residue. It works well, and is very flexible. it reminds me of old fashion white school glue.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

I used this kit to patch my old Jayco popup canvas. Did not leak for the three years I had it installed.

I stitched the patch on as well as using the glue included with the patch on the inside of a quarter size hole. I sat inside and pushed the needle through to spouse who sent it back in. We did it with the bunk end up to keep the canvas tight and properly positioned.
Only $5.00

https://www.amazon.com/Coghlans-703-...as+tent+repair
Dometic Milenco Aero mirrors
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote