Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #1

Cool Pop Up camper system questions. PLEASE HELP!

Hello All! I am a proud owner of a (new to me) 2000 Jayco eagle 14so. It is my first trailer I have owned. I was able to figure out most of the systems but I do have some questions still. If anyone could help me out, that would be great!

1) I believe I have the deluxe plumbing system, (I have a shower and cassette toilet). From what I have read, I have an electric pump. But it sounds like I also have a manual pump to prime the system. Is this correct? and if so, where is it?

2) Next to my power converter, there is a white on/off switch. Is this the switch for the water pump or what is it for? And if it's not for the water pump, where is the water pump switch?

3) Is there any kind of switch to swap between battery and AC power? Or a switch to turn off the battery power so it doesn't drain the battery when not in use?

4) Last question, on the refrigerator control, there is an option for battery, plug in power and propane. There is a fourth option, the picture is a circle... what is this one for?

Thank you to everyone who took the time to look at my post and help a fellow camper. I greatly appreciate it!
trevorburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #2

I know that it's not quite the right year, but it still should have relevance... http://www.jayco.com/files/downloads...lename_117.pdf
Old 06-19-2014, 06:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorburch View Post
4) Last question, on the refrigerator control, there is an option for battery, plug in power and propane. There is a fourth option, the picture is a circle... what is this one for?
Ooh, Ooh. I know one!

There is actually a standard for On/Off symbols:

So the circle is OFF
Mpking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpking View Post
ooh, ooh. I know one!

There is actually a standard for on/off symbols:

so the circle is off

+1.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #5

Thank you guys for your help. I can't believe I didn't realize the off selection for the fridge... And I have looked over my manual but it is not real specific to my exact model with the options. It says there is a pump handle but doesn't say where it should be. So I am still in need of my first 3 questions. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #6

Hello,

Here are some hints:

1) There is a Shurflo electric pump to pressurize the system and stop when the right pressure is reached. This will use the water from the tank. Your PU needs to be connected to 120V or run on battery. Take a look at the plumbing system schematics in order to check if the proper bypass valves are open/closed.

2) This switch will energize the water pump .

3) You don't need a switch to go from 120V to battery and back. The power converter takes care of that and will charge the battery only when it needs it.

Hope it helps.

'96 Jayco 1406
'12 Dodge Grand Caravan
fsavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsavard View Post
Hello,

Here are some hints:

1) There is a Shurflo electric pump to pressurize the system and stop when the right pressure is reached. This will use the water from the tank. Your PU needs to be connected to 120V or run on battery. Take a look at the plumbing system schematics in order to check if the proper bypass valves are open/closed.

2) This switch will energize the water pump .

3) You don't need a switch to go from 120V to battery and back. The power converter takes care of that and will charge the battery only when it needs it.

Hope it helps.
Awesome. Thank you for the help. Will the batteries be getting drained/give power to the PU while being stored? Is there any way to control that besides disconnecting the battery?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #8

Yes. There will always be a trickle when being stored. Instead of disconnecting my battery, I just pull out my 30amp inline fuse from the battery.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #9

Thank you everyone for the help! I like this forum!

Tags
electrical, plumbing, system, water pump