Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #1

Propane Regulator Mounting

Have a single propane tank and my regulator is mounted to the front of my pop up.

Unfortunately the screws are coming loose wondering what the best way to fix this is.

Just screw it back in? New caulk and screw it in? Use a drywall plug and screw/caulk it in.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
20180613_220628.jpg  
vtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #2

It looks like there a brace bracket directly under the regulator. I'd weld or bolt a vertical piece of square tubing and remount the regulator there, then seal the holes in the pop u.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Seems like no solid underground for fastening. Maybe from the inside you can figure out something to put a solid blocking. And otherwise as Colorado suggested figure out something from the A-frame cross-member.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #4

I would upgrade to a 2 tank system and them post mount the regulator on the hold down. If you do any shoulder season camping where heat is used, its a must have. Even if you cook with it, better to have 2 at all times.

If you want to just keep one, then a larger screw might solve it today where eventually it's going to loosen again.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #5

Alright thanks!
I'll have to see if someone can weld for me, as I'd like two tanks but don't think it's possible in my current setup.
Front looks like this:

And what I think I want to do:
Attached Thumbnails
jayco.JPG   jayco_twopropanetanks.jpg  
vtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #6

The "Technicians" at the place we bought our trailer used wood screws, which was the first reason not to go back there again for service. When the made in China regulator failed on the first trip I replaced it with an American made and sheetmetal screws which worked much better.

I'm in the process of adding a second propane tank and plan on mounting the regulator in a box as the manufacture recommends.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtyler View Post
Alright thanks!
I'll have to see if someone can weld for me, as I'd like two tanks but don't think it's possible in my current setup.
Front looks like this:

And what I think I want to do:

Since you don’t have a welder, I’d measure your front space (width), make sure you allow for turning radius of TV. Then look for a hitch cargo carrier like in the pic, cut or unbolt the receiver portion from the carrier. Drill holes through the A frame, using several bolts, large washers and lock washers or lock nuts simply bolt it on the frame. Once you’ve done a mock-up, weld your regulator bracket to the carrier and then bolt it to the A frame. Also weld a 1/2” threaded rod for your hold down of your propane tanks. You can shorten the carrier if the width becomes an issue. Hopefully this makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails
B2BD2C7F-143F-4A68-99EF-473FC161793A.jpg  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #8

I just changed mine over to a dual tank. Added a couple pieces of angle iron, painted black, moved the battery forwards in front of the two tanks and added the second tank where your battery is. Purchased the double regulator & hoses from Amazon and it has been great!!
maxco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxco View Post
I just changed mine over to a dual tank. Added a couple pieces of angle iron, painted black, moved the battery forwards in front of the two tanks and added the second tank where your battery is. Purchased the double regulator & hoses from Amazon and it has been great!!
What regulator did you buy? I was thinking of doing the same thing.
Mbourre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbourre View Post
What regulator did you buy? I was thinking of doing the same thing.
I used the camco 59005 RV propane double stage auto changeover regulator from amazon. Paired it with 2- camco 59073 20" TV pigtail propane hose connectors. Also from amazon....
It installed quick and easy and works perfectly. Just make sure you check all your connections for leaks with soapy water once you're done.
maxco is offline   Reply With Quote