Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Pop Up Campers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #1

PU newbie -- how to replace water lines and other lame questions!

Hi all,

Brand new to this forum and to pop-up camper camping in general. I just bought my first camper (2004 Jayco Qwest 8U) and am going through it and getting stuff cleaned up.

The one thing that I think really needs attention is the water line for the sink -- it is NASTY. Is there a way to replace that?

There's also a small hose inside the 5 gallon water tank that is so gross, I don't even want to touch it! Can I just replace that with any 3/8 hose from Home Depot or the like?

Is there anything else you'd recommend I do to this thing? It looks like it's been sitting for a while so I'm guessing the battery is dead. There's no propane tank (or even a mount for it) -- where would you suggest I get that stuff?

Thanks for any suggestions for a complete camper newbie!
meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #2

Welcome to the fold,although not intimately familiar with your model yes you can replace the water line from many stores just make sure it is made for drinking water. You will need to sanitize your fresh water tank. My faucet was a hand pump type with a diaphragm if all your lines are that gross I would just bite the bullet and replace. Good chance it would give you problems any way.
Now for the propane system check around for a used tray mount if not on line or RV supply. The tank and regulator RV supply, BBQ supply, etc. Check your system with compressed air before ever hooking up the propane tank.
You are on the right track fix one system at a time. Remember everything does not have to be perfect to go camping.