Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #1

Recaulking...what type of caulk

Hi, I own a 92 1006 jayco deluxe. Was thinking about recaulking the seams. Any advice on what type of caulk to use? Thanks
adwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwizard View Post
Hi, I own a 92 1006 jayco deluxe. Was thinking about recaulking the seams. Any advice on what type of caulk to use? Thanks
Best to do a search on this site, then you will find out there are a lot opinions. Almost as many opinions as there are people posting on this subject.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:13 PM   #3
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwizard View Post

The gold bar at the top of the page has a search feature that will help find past threads on this topic and there are many. Also Google will bring up a number of instructional videos.

Geocel is probably the most popular but anything with silicone in it is a “stay away from” and that is explained here also.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:08 PM   #4

Hope this helps some as well. I've got a 2003 Jayco qwest 8u. I bought it last year and found out the previous owner just left it out all the time. All the vinyl seam strips were brittle and all the butyl tape was hard as a rock. In the process of redoing all that I noticed he had used silicon for a lot of touch ups and yet still suffered a lot of water damage. After a ton of looking online I used. Dicor Lap Non Leveling Sealant (https://dicorproducts.com/product/no...-lap-sealants/)

It's not cheap around 13.00/tube last i bought it off ebay. Comes out thick and dries quick.. But it seals it. Definitely would recommend. Just my .02 i'm sure others have their go to as well, but it's done nice for me.
crypticknight is offline   Reply With Quote