Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #1

Repair to tent-end

Carelessly, I put a 2" slit/tear in the tent end of our 1007 PUP. It's on the white fabric that I presume is vinyl (above the blue section that I imagine is also vinyl). My local dealer suggested awning tape which I bought, but before I open it, I wondered if I should be using more of a glue-and-patch solution much like I use for bike tires and the kids' pool. Any help would be appreciated.
raising4daughters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #2

Know a seamstress that does house calls? Or do you have a tent supply/manufacturer nearby?
The tent fabric is just that- fabric (heavy canvas). A good stich-up (by said seamstress) and then maybe a small patch (awning tape or something of the like) over top (inside & out) should work, topped off with a quick spray of waterproofing silicone. Might not be visually appealing, but sturdy.
Hope that helps!

2009 JKU TV (Its a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!)
2000 Quest 8U PUP
Tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #3

raising4daughters--Jayco use to supply a patch & glue kit with new pup's so I would assume that would be the prefered method of repair good luck Larry ps be sure to sleep on the other end.lol
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #4

I used Coghlans Canvas Tent Repair Kit . It comes with Glue, needle thread and 2 8" patches. Buy a few kits (around 5 bucks each) don't be afraid to spread the cement around. Our 806 is 20 years old and one patch has been on the canvas for over 10 years. If yours is canvas goto wal mart and get about 5 cans of the water proofer with the orange cap and waterproof your pop up.

Happy Camping
CentralNH is offline   Reply With Quote