Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2023, 10:00 PM   #1

Roof lift help

Amateur here. Just got a used 2016 jay series 1007ud pup. Opened it for the first time today, closed it and it stopped moving at the bottom and then wouldn’t go back up. I can hear it operating when I press the down button but it won’t move on the up. It was low enough to close with the clips but just won’t go back up. Can’t be the battery as I can hear the motor trying to move on the down. Assuming I’ve done something wrong when closing it?! Help please
Jennim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:51 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm not familiar with your system, but if it was mine, I'd check the voltage on the battery. It may be low and have enough to make the motor make noise, but not enough to lift the roof. Then I'd check the back of the switch for good connections, and power there.

Maybe someone that has a power roof will chime in with some other thoughts.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:54 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply! The battery is new and seems fine for the roof going down. There is a bit sticking out that I could slowly. try to manually turn with my power drill but I'm scared I might break something
Jennim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennim View Post
Thanks for your reply! The battery is new and seems fine for the roof going down. There is a bit sticking out that I could slowly. try to manually turn with my power drill but I'm scared I might break something
There should be the manual over ride..

Here's an old thread.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ide-27326.html
Old 04-08-2023, 04:26 PM   #5

I have a 2015 1209sc that dropped suddenly while I was raising the roof. Have same electric lift system. The motor runs and the worm gear spins but the block that rides on the worm gear does travel. The cables for each corner are attached to this block and as the block rides back and forth it raises or lowers the roof accordingly. On mine the threads on the block were worn enough that they no longer engaged the worm. I tell you this so you know what part needs to move along the worm to raise or lower the roof. You need to remove the carpeted step at the bunk end at rear of pup and look at the block on the worm while someone else operates the motor for a second. When motor is running, worm shaft should spin and the block assembly the 4 cables are attached to should move along the track. If they don't you found the problem. Hope this helps.
Mandoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 10:20 AM   #6

Try to manually lift it up but not to far, then use the power. There are limit switches on the end to stop the travel while under power but the will not stop manually and you could damage it. ASK ME HOW I KNOW........
doyle l tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote