Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #1

Roof repair on a 1006

Hi,

My Jayco 2010 1006 had an unfortunate incident where I didn't get to the shelterlogic enclosure roof in time during a 2 metre snow event. The result is a small, but significant, dent/ crack (about 2 inches) on the fibreglass roof (and no more shelterlogic enclosure).

Here's where I get frustrated.

Jayco and other RV repair shops: either no response or advice that it's "not a standard repair" and that it is something for a fibreglass bodyshop.

I finally hear back from a helpful fibreglass outfit with a reasonable repair quote only to be informed that, due to the textured vinyl coat, any repair will always be visible.

Is this one of these no win situations where the whole roof either gets replaced through insurance (completely unnecessary) or I proceed with the minor repair but a lasting visual irritant that reduces trade-in value?

Am I getting poor advice/ service from the Jayco dealers or is it one of these totally illogical insurance situations where the entire component must be replaced?

Thanks for any hints.
ArgyllJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #2

Although not rv's we repaired many fiberglass tops on Ford Broncos and Chevy Blazers while I was in the bodyshop. At that time there was an additive we could add to the finish paint that would replicate the textured or "vinyl" roof appearence. We also sprayed several "simulated" vinyl roofs on used cars back in the day when those were popular. Can't say if this additive is still available ande color match would be another concern but, I would discuss this with someone that has been in the collision repair business for several years. Yeah, another way of saying an old guy !!!LOL!! Good luc with whatever path you choose, Dave
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #3

Many thanks. That's useful information.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

Dicor RV Roof coating product

As a follow up, does anyone know if the Dicor product below, sold on the BC Jayco parts store, is perhaps the textured product that goes on top of the fibre glass gel coat?

https://dicorproducts.com/catalog/ro...-roof-coating/