Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #1

Roof Ripples

I recently purchased a 2016 Jayco sport 8sd, and there are small ripples on all 4 corners, look more like a manufacturing problem than water damage? No sign of water damage inside or on they plywood around the corners. Anyone have input on what this is or how worried I need to be? I have some pictures if I can figure how to attach. Thanks for any answers!
Attached Thumbnails
F66A8770-A614-4525-BF65-422FA0D08C83.jpg  
Nat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:54 PM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owner's Forums (JOF)!

To attach an image, if you are using computer (not a cellphone) choose the "Go Advanced" option and then "Manage Attachments".

In any case, some ripples are common, a picture would certainly be of value. ~CA
Old 06-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #3

Thank you! Got the picture up. The others sides are are not this bad
Old 06-18-2022, 09:56 AM   #4

Perhaps someone with an popup like yours will chime in.

My guidance would be that the wrinkle itself is not anything to be overly concerned with, and with that there is a concern for the cause of the wrinkle. If the cause is that there is water seeping in from the side and causing the underlying structure to deform then certainly that is a problem. I would suspect that if you do have water intrusion that it may not be all that bad at this time, but I would determine how others seal theirs and short of that I would suggest that running a bead of geocell or similar along the edges where the trim and TPO material meet would be a good thing to do.

Perhaps a 2" strip of eternabond tape along the sides, although using eternabond tape here may not provide for the same appearance that you prefer, it certainly is great for sealing seems like you have, geocell would probably look better but I suspect the eternabond would be a longer lasting option.
~CA
Old 07-03-2022, 08:07 PM   #5

Thanks for your reply! I’ll be redoing the all the caulking and tape just to make sure.