Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #1

Southern Illinois

I bought a 1999 Jayco Eagle pop up last fall at the end of the season and finally got to camp with it this past weekend. We took it to Wayne Fitzgerald campgrounds at Rend Lake in southern Illinois. Everything went great. I was kind of worried since it was supposed to be very cold. Friday night it got down to 24 degrees. The furnace worked perfect and kept us nice and warm through the night. I was also a little worried about my water freezing but it didn't and one tank of water was the perfect amount for a two night camp. Saturday was chilly but it was sunny and no wind so being outside wasn't too bad. There were only a few minor thing that I will have to take care of. Overall it was a successful outing and I was able to put all the systems to the test. Just thought I would share my first outing with everyone.
railrunner74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #2

Funny. I was just at Gun Creek which is one of the Corps campground at Rend Lake this past weekend. It was cold very cold on Friday night. We had full hookup and the water hydrant froze solid. So I had to take my hose off and wait for the hydrant to thaw out. After a couple hours it was good to go again.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #3

The wind was horrible Friday night. I can't believe my water tank under the camper didn't freeze. I wrapped the water line from the tank to the camper in isulation.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

It's great read that you both were out already, we are itching to venture out, but that won't be until early-June.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #5

I store my pop up at Lake Carlyle and went out to open it up for the first time since last summer and the musty, old smell was overpowering. Going to leave it open for the weekend and clean it with anything and everything I can find to get rid of it, but I'm afraid that might be mission impossible.
Tailgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #6

Sounds like a possible leak. We just got back from camping at Forbes State Park. I wish the fishing would have been better but all in all it was a great trip.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #7

We drove through southern Illinois and up through the state on Friday late afternoon and evening. The wind was indeed terrible with cross wind gusts to 45 mph. Made for a challenging drive to say the least :/

Also, we were coming from Florida/Tenesee and I noticed the temps on the truck's outside temp gauge drop below freezing as we got into WI. I got worried about the water freezing in the pipes so I pulled over and started the furnace. I let it run the rest of the way home. When we got home I left the furnace running over night. Now it looks like spring/summer is here as it was in the 60's and 70's here the past couple days!