Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

tongue jack replacement wheel

I am looking to replace the tongue jack wheel (small plastic) with a larger more mover friendly version (one that would make moving over gravel easier. I cannot find one - does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? Thanks. Gary
gpshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #2

There are none available that I know of. Have been looking for one for years and can not find one. Good Luck
campingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #3

that is going to be my second mod on our 2012 1007. our wheel is almost useless. we like to situate our pop up in the site once we are unhooked from the tv and this wheel does not lend itself well to this task. i am thinking a lawn mower wheel would be a lot taller and almost the same width as the on you have on there now. have to see how that would stand up the the weight and lateral forces though. good luck, i am sure someone has performed this mod already.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #4

You might want to take all the measurements of your wheel and check out the selection of wheel/ tire combos at Harbor freight or tractor supply. Just as an fyi most of them are the inflatable type so checing the air is a must. Larry
Old 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #5

I don't know about your situation but on my Jayco Jay Sport 8 the wheel just barely goes on and sometimes I even have to dig out some gravel to get it on... a wheel even 1/2 inch larger would not go on at all at times.
Have you considered a trailer dolly? https://www.google.com/search?q=trailer+dolly
It might be a bit large to tote around but if you could throw it in the back of your truck it would make moving the trailer around while unhooked from the TV quite easy.
Gordon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #6

I have the trailer dolly and they work great on smooth surfaces. Get it into the dirt or gravel and forget about it. I use the front wheel to move mine in the driveway but nothing else. You would have thought with all the shade tree mechanics who are campers they would have come up with a better mouse trap for on the front tongue to move a camper around and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Still looking though. A larger wheel on a long shaft would do the trick. Something like the flat foot piece that can be used to set the tongue on when in place but with a wheel. Money maker for some mechanic.
campingva is offline   Reply With Quote