Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #1

trying to sell my canvas/ parting out a pop-up

I have an older Pop-up that I don't have any idea the model, the aluminum vin plate on the frame is blank (it looks like it wasn't stamped), the body was white spray painted over and the tongue was black spray pained over. Any ideas on how to figure which model it is would be greatly appreciated.

The previous owner told me that the canvas is about 10 years old. Its in really good condition and I'm going to ask 500$ or best offer (my family really wants it out of the garage).
camperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #2

There are a couple of other places to look for the VIN. It is usually affixed to one of the frame cross members underneath the trailer. Some units also have a label affixed to the backside of the cabinet door (usually) nearest the entry door. With the VIN you will have a much better chance of finding the exact model.

If that doesn't pan out, measure the length of your box and then compare to the floor plans on the Jayco site for various years. There really aren't that many floor plans that Jayco has been putting out for the past decades, so you might be able to figure it out through process of elimination.

IMO your asking may be a bit high. A full new canvas from Bear Creek is about $1000. Not sure I would pay half that amount for 10 years old, especially sight unseen. I would certainly want to post a whole bunch of clear pictures, including close ups of common trouble spots, if you want to sell it at a premium.

ETA: If you want the camper out of the garage, why not offer the whole thing for $500?
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:17 PM   #3

What would be a good price??

Its not the camper my family wants gone its the canvas.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:51 AM   #4

Please don't take this the wrong way. If your family wants the canvas gone, you could try to give it away free. If you don't get any takers you may end up taking it to the dump.
Bobnrtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

at this point

At this point I'd be willing to accept ANY offer on the canvas plus buyer pays shipping. The sale of the canvas is to help bank roll the future project for the chassis.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #6

I think you'll have to donate it to science because if you don't have the exact model or year or size or pictures you won't find a soul on earth who wants it. Are you even sure it's a Jayco product? You'll need the manufacturer's input to help you on this one.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #7

I would be interested

Is this still available? Please email or text me matthewcash22@gmail.com or 2173034104
Matthewhorner22 is offline   Reply With Quote